- — Etta Candy src
In the winter of 1942, Etta met the Amazon super-hero Wonder Woman. She gathered her friends and formed the Holliday Girls to help Wonder Woman on a case, then kept the group together and frequently helped her.
In 1943 Etta was captured by the Nazi agent known as Olga, who had figured out that the Holliday Girls "sorority" was actually an Allied espionage organization and a danger to the Third Reich. As she was being questioned Wonder Woman managed to capture Olga, keeping the information about the Holliday Girls true activities from spreading further through Axis ranks. Later that year Etta was engaged to marry a Hungarian Prince named Hylo Goulash, however, the Holliday Girls and she discovered that Goulash was actually a Nazi agent named Karl Schultz. Schultz had captured Steve Trevor and the Holliday Girls seduced Schultz' men in order to rescue Steve. She also dated Oscar Sweetgulper and several other boys during and directly following the war, though she kept these relationships more casual.
As WWII drew to a close Etta and Di became aware of a new threat, of extraterrestrial origin, when one of the Holliday Girls was attacked by a scout for the Saturnian Empire. They spent four years clashing with the Empire before the threat was laid to rest, with the Emperor agreeing to adhere to a truce and return those humans abducted and enslaved by the Empire. The Emperor's ambassador in Washington, D.C. also proclaimed that he would aid Wonder Woman and her allies even in opposition to his Emperor after being rescued from an assassination attempt by the Amazon.
Later Etta joined the Army as a private and secretary to General Blankenship. She started a relationship with her brother's friend, Pierre Marchand, and had plans to marry. After the war ended, she returned to Holliday College to study as a dietician.
Powers and Abilities
- Athletics: Etta plays hockey and water polo for Holliday College.
- Aviation: Etta has been trained to fly planes. While the plane she's most often seen piloting is Wonder Woman's Invisible Plane she has also commandeered aircraft to go on missions. By 1947 Etta had her own aircraft to use on missions.
- Driving: Etta is able to drive a variety of vehicles and speed through traffic with ease when there is an emergency. She owns a car and a motorcycle.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Basic): Etta is a capable fighter, often lifting and throwing people well over twice her size.
- Leadership: Etta is the founder and leader of the Holliday Girls. She also occasionally leads contingents of Army men in fighting the Nazis.
- Pedagogy: Etta taught English to Prince Sleeko's subjects on his small island nation during her break. 
- Tactical Analysis: Etta is quite good at analyzing the situation and coming up with flexible effective plans on the fly.
- Vulnerability to candies: Ravenous consumer of candies.
- Esmeralda: Etta drove a dilapidated car, which she named Esmerelda.
- This version of Etta Candy, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- Whenever Etta became excited or agitated, she always shouted her trademark catch phrase "Woo-Woo!", which was later explained as a sorority thing.
- Unlike her Post-Crisis counterpart, Etta Candy never felt ashamed or insecure about her physical appearance. In fact, she delighted in the fact that she was overweight, and proudly carried a box of chocolates with her at all times.
- Etta has always claimed that she is perpetually sixteen-years-old. As such, the Holliday Girls always presented her with a sixteen-course meal on her birthday. Etta's birthday is on April 1st (April Fools Day).
- Initially Etta remained a Holliday Girl espionage agent rather than regular military member until well after the war, with her becoming a secretary in 1943 a later retcon that clashes with decades of comics.
- 167 Appearances of Etta Candy (Earth-Two)
- 30 Images featuring Etta Candy (Earth-Two)
- 2 Quotations by or about Etta Candy (Earth-Two)
- Character Gallery: Etta Candy (Earth-Two)
- Wonder Woman #17
- Wonder Woman #1
- Sensation Comics #2
- Sensation Comics #13
- Sensation Comics #16
- Wonder Woman #10
- Comic Cavalcade #22
- Wonder Woman #22
- Wonder Woman #28
- Wonder Woman #11
- Wonder Woman #242
- Wonder Woman #11
- Wonder Woman #23
- Comic Cavalcade #11
- Comic Cavalcade #23
- Comic Cavalcade #2
- Comic Cavalcade #20
- Wonder Woman #3
- Amazing World of DC Comics #2
|Wonder Woman Supporting Cast|