When the god Hermes publicly appeared in Boston, Euryale formed a plot with Phobos to steal the Caduceus and cause as much death and destruction as possible. She disguised herself as a young woman named Eury and begged Hermes to help her sick, dying father. Hermes, wishing to show his good deeds to others, agreed to help and traveled to Eury's house. There, Phobos posed as Eury's father and stole the Caduceus from the messenger god. He used it to free the imprisoned Ixion from his torturous Great Wheel.
Alongside Phobos and Ixion, Euryale traveled to the streets of Boston to kill as many civilians as she could. She transformed as many innocents into stone as she could. After Wonder Woman discovered the plot, she captured Phobos in her Lasso of Truth, then left to fight Ixion. Euryale found the captive Phobos and struggled to free him. While she was distracted, Hermes grabbed his Caduceus and beheaded her with it.
Powers and Abilities
- This character is an adaptation of Euryale, a character in traditional stories. These include, but may not be limited to religious texts, myth, and/or folk lore. More information on the original can be found at Wikipedia.org.
- 16 Appearances of Euryale (New Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Euryale (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Euryale (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Euryale (New Earth)
|Wonder Woman Villain(s)|
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Wonder Woman and the Amazons in any of her various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Wonder Woman Villains category."