A scientist on the planet Aoran dedicated himself to cheating death by drawing power from the stars themselves. He invented the "Starband", which made him immortal, but twisted his mind towards evil and prematurely aged his fellow Aurians. The people of Aoran wanted him to destroy the starband, but having tasted immortality, he refused to give it up. The ensuing battle left all of Aoran lifeless except for the scientist, now known as Evil Star. Evil Star sought new worlds to conquer and came into frequent conflict with the Guardians of the Universe and the Green Lanterns, including Hal Jordan.
The Guardians later sent Evil Star to the Erral Rehab Facility, where they used a brain wave "nullifier" in an attempt to cure him. This rehabilitation was only partially successful, as the "nullifier" stimulated his subconscious, recreating the Starlings, who brought him the Starband. Evil Star fled to Earth in a confused state, believing the Starlings were persecuting him. He fought with Ferrin Colos, one of the Darkstars, who flooded Star's mind with reminders of the lives he had taken, starting with his home world. Evil Star's mind shut down, and he was returned to the Guardians for re-education.
- Genius Level Intellect: Evil Star has a brilliant yet twisted mind.
- Power Loss: If Evil Star is kept away from starlight for a prolonged period, his powers fade away.
- Starband: His primary weapon is the Starband (Evil Star has a pair: the other is invisible). The Starband draws the energy of the stars to prolong Evil Star's lifespan, fly, create force blasts or hard light constructs like a Green Lantern ring, and powers the Starlings. Its drawbacks are that the Starband changes the personality of the user to evil; and if the Starband is used alone, the user is temporarily paralyzed after each power use.
- Energy Projection
- Energy Construct Creation
- Decelerated Aging
- Flight: interstellar speed.
- Illusion Casting: Evil Star could project illusions to Earth while being kept jailed in Oa.
- Mind Scan: Evil Star could read even Guardians of the Universe's powerful minds.
- Force Field
- Molecular Reconstruction: Evil Star could create various metals to hurl in opponents.
- Telekinesis: Evil Star frequently used it to steal Hal Jordan's ring.
- Mind Control: If Evil Star has enough stellar energy absorbed, he can emit a special radiaton which turn to every sentient being it touch so evil as himself.
- Starlings: miniature versions of Evil Star that possess superhuman strength and invulnerability, and are under his complete control. Starlings need direct commands from Evil Star to function, and they become directionless if he is unconscious. Each Starling have their own Starband replica, but it is not clear if they have the same power-levels.
- 25 Appearances of Evil Star (New Earth)
- 3 Images featuring Evil Star (New Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Evil Star (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Evil Star (New Earth)
- Evil Star at dccomics.com
- Evil Star at Wikipedia.org
- Evil Star chronology index at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
|Green Lantern Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Green Lantern of Earth, or the Green Lantern Corps as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Green Lantern Villains."