Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation's. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
- All those years in the sciencells... every night I dreamt of holding your bloody heart in my hand.
- -- Evil Star src
Ninety years ago, the man now known as Evil Star was suffering from a disease. He utilized a device to channel cosmic into his body, curing him and giving him powers. The cure came at a cost as as his lover was killed by his new-found powers. Evil Star drained her life-force into himself.
At some point, he was captured by the Green Lantern Corps and imprisoned in a Sciencell. He was among numerous prisoners set free just before Oa was destroyed by Relic. The prisoners were offered a chance to join a Khund/Durlan alliance in an assault against the Corps. Instead they joined forces with the Green Lanterns against a common enemy.
- Unique Physiology: Evil Star used a device to implant a black star onto his body which saps the life-force of beings around him in order to sustain his life and power his strength.
- Illness: Evil Star has a disease which will kill him if he did not use the power source of his people to attach a life-stealing star onto his body.
- Evil Star was created by Gardner Fox and Gil Kane, first appearing in Green Lantern (Volume 2) #37. However, in the relaunched Prime Earth continuity his first appearance as part of the DC Universe is in Robert Venditti, Van Jensen, and Bernard Chang's New 52 Green Lantern Corps series.
- 7 Appearances of Evil Star (Prime Earth)
- 3 Images featuring Evil Star (Prime Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Evil Star (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Evil Star (Prime Earth)