Hoover worked closely with Lara Featherstone, helping her keep tabs on Jesse Custer in the same apartment complex. Hoover pretended to be Featherstone's "ex-boyfriend" when Tulip, who became friends with Featherstone (using the alias "Jenny"), started to become suspicious of her true intentions. Hoover also led the operation to sway the Saint of Killers to work for the Grail. Hoover was later turned into a vampire by Cassidy.
- Vampirism: In addition to the various mental and physical benefits that vampires are heir to, they also possess the ability to turn others into vampires as well. Each new vampire is traditionally subservient to the one who "turned" them, but some strong-willed vampires have been known to rebel against their masters.
- Enhanced Senses: A vampire's senses are enhanced far beyond those of a normal human being.
- Immortality: So long as vampires continue to consume blood, they will not age beyond the physical state they were in when they first became a vampire.
- Invulnerability: Vampires are invulnerable to most forms of injury (certain exceptions apply). Bullets, blades and blunt objects do little to no damage to a vampire's body.
- Regeneration: In addition to being virtually indestructible, whatever damage a vampire does in fact suffer can be healed through the consumption of human blood.
- Superhuman Strength: A vampire's strength level is several times that of a normal human being and they are considered superhuman.
- Superhuman Stamina: So long as they continue to consume human blood, a vampire can function tirelessly without rest or relaxation. However, a vampire's stamina wanes the closer it is to sunrise.
- Psychokinesis: Most vampires possess some form of psychokinesis. Some are clairvoyant, others can communicate telepathically, some possess mind control. Particularly powerful vampires can control the minds of several people at once.
- Transformation: Vampires often possess the ability to transform into a variety of creatures or effects such as bats, wolves, rats or even mist. While their physical attributes may fluctuate during such states, a vampire's mental acuity is the same as that when they are in their human shape. A vampire who transforms into an animal may also benefit from that particular animal's attributes including razor-sharp claws, fangs or the ability to fly.
- Metamorphosis: Vampires often demonstrate the ability to alter their appearance at will.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series Preacher and is an adaptation of Hoover. The original character was created by Garth Ennis and Steve Dillon and first appeared in Preacher #13.
- F.J. Hoover was portrayed by Malcolm Barrett.
- 15 Appearances of F.J. Hoover (Preacher TV Series)
- 1 Images featuring F.J. Hoover (Preacher TV Series)
- Quotations by or about F.J. Hoover (Preacher TV Series)
- Character Gallery: F.J. Hoover (Preacher TV Series)