Although being described as a "man-hater", she was the bride of General Zod and the mother of the man known as Davis Bloome. Zod and Faora were unable to conceive children through conventional means, so they used Kryptonian genetic material and sent it to Earth where it would evolve into what they hoped would be a weapon of mass destruction.
In 2008, Faora encountered Kara Zor-El and her cousin Clark Kent who had been trapped inside the Phantom Zone. Faora managed to slip past Clark's defenses and escape the zone to Earth. Once on Earth, she took physical possession of Lois Lane. She tracked down her son who was now an adult and working as an ambulance driver. She told Davis of his origins and that it was his destiny to be a Doomsday weapon upon the Earth.
Clark soon escaped from the Phantom Zone with the help of Chloe Sullivan and fought with Faora-Lois. It was actually his cousin Kara who saved the day though, when she used a Kryptonian relic to exorcise Faora's essence from Lois' body, sending her back into the Phantom Zone. Lois recovered with no memory of being possessed by the Zoner. Whether Faora will ever escape the Zone again remains to be seen.
Powers and Abilities
- Kryptonian Physiology: Under the effects of a "yellow" sun, Faora possesses the same potential powers as an average Kryptonian. These include:
- Solar Energy Absorption: Under optimal conditions, this is the main source of Faora's super powers as they are contingent upon exposure to solar radiation from a yellow sun star system. Her biological make up includes a number of organs which lack analogues in humans and whose functions are unknown. It is believed that between one or more of these and her bio-cellular matrix, "yellow" solar energy is stored for later use. This allows for the use of these powers to fade when yellow solar radiation is not available instead of immediate failure.
- Heat Vision: Faora can, as a conscious act, fire beams of intense heat at a target by looking at it. She can vary the heat and area affected.
- Super-Hearing: Faora's hearing is sensitive enough to hear any sound at any volume or pitch. With skill and concentration, she can block out ambient sounds to focus on a specific source or frequency.
- Enhanced Vision: Faora's vision processes the entire electromagnetic spectrum as well as allowing vast control over selective perception and focus.
This umbrella ability includes the following:
- Electromagnetic Spectrum Vision: Faora can see well into most of the electromagnetic spectrum. She can see and identify radio and television signals as well as all other broadcast or transmitted frequencies. Using this ability, she can avoid detection by radar or satellite monitoring methods. This also allows her to see the aura generated by living thing.
- Telescopic Vision: This is the ability to see something at a great distance, without violating the laws of physics. Though limited, the exact extent of the ability is undetermined. In function, it is similar to the zoom lens on a camera.
- X-Ray Vision: This is the ability to see through any volume of matter except lead. Faoras can see things behind a solid, opaque object as if it were not there. She can focus this ability to "peel back" layers of an object, allowing hidden image or inner workings to be observed. The exact type of energy perceived—such as x-rays, cosmic rays, or some other energy invisible to normal humans—is unclear. This ability perceives an ambient energy source though, it does not involve the eye projecting a concentrated, possibly toxic, beam to be reflected back from objects.
- Microscopic Vision: This is the ability to see extremely small objects and images down to the atomic level.
- Infrared Vision: Faora can see with better acuity in darkness, and to a degree in total darkness.
- Flight: Faora is able to manipulate graviton particles to defy the forces of gravity and achieve flight. This ranges from hovering to moving in any posture, in any direction.
- Invulnerability: Due to the interaction of her dense molecular structure and supercharged bio-electric aura, Faora is nigh-invulnerable to extreme energy forces. In addition, her extends this protection against toxins and diseases.
- Superhuman Stamina: Faora is able to maintain continuous strenuous physical action for an indefinite period of time. This based on her body converting yellow solar radiation directly to energy, but is limited by physiological and psychological needs to eat, drink, and sleep.
- Superhuman Strength: Faora's strength is augmented by yellow solar radiation interacting with the greater than human density, resilience and biological efficiency of her musculature. Her strength is more an act of conscious will on energy fields than actual physical strength. It is this act of conscious will that enables her to perform physical feats that are beyond the mere application force, such as moving a mountain top without said rock crumbling under its own mass.
- Superhuman Speed: Faora is able to move at incredible speed by sheer force of will. This extends to her perceptions and allows for feats such as catching bullets in mid flight as well as covering vast distances in little or no time.
This also confers:
- Super-Breath: Faora is able to create hurricane force winds by exhaling air from her lungs. She can chill the air as it leaves her lungs to freeze targets. She can also reverse the process to pull large volumes of air or vapor into her lungs.
- Longevity: Faora can live longer than regular humans, remaining at her prime as long as she was under the exposure of the "yellow" sun.
- Kryptonian Physiology: Under the effects of a "yellow" sun, Faora possesses the same potential weaknesses as an average Kryptonian. These include:
- No Physical Body
- Power Instability: As Faora draws her power from the sun, solar flares can cause her powers to fluctuate. Resulting in her becoming stronger or weaker.
- In her natural state, Faora was presented as a computer generated image. While possessing Lois Lane, Faora was played by actress Erica Durance. Sharon Taylor portrayed Faora in a flashback in the episode "Kandor", along with Faora's clone during season 9.
- The character of Faora is based upon two DC Comics characters. Faora Hu-Ul was a Silver Age character and a confederate of General Zod, though the two were not romantically linked. Smallville's Faora also bears similarities to the Kryptonian villain Ursa, who is in fact married to Zod and is the father of his child.
- 2 Appearances of Faora (Smallville)
- 5 Images featuring Faora (Smallville)
- 1 Quotations by or about Faora (Smallville)
- Character Gallery: Faora (Smallville)
|Superman Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Superman in any of his various incarnations, or members of the Superman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Superman Villains category."