- In the end, what made me turn was remembering the light in Old Man Knight's eyes. The costume. The heritage. Like it was all still new and meaningful. In the system, nothing mean anything, because everything was possible. So I sold my soul to Solaris because I couldn't think of anything better to do; that's the honest truth. I couldn't buy it back, I knew that. But I could look good trying.
- — Starman src
Farris commands an alien artifact called a Quarvat, similar in function to the Cosmic Rod. He lives on a space station (in the orbit of Uranus) from which he monitors the artificial sun Solaris.
He asserts that being the descendant of the Mist as much as the Knights he was predisposed to villainy and Solaris eventually corrupts Farris who arranges for the defeat of the two JLAs and travels back in time to kill the originator of his hated responsibility, Ted Knight. Meeting Ted however changes his mind and Farris ultimately sacrifices himself to save the modern day Earth from Solaris' machinations.
- 853rd Century Physiology: As a citizen of the 853rd Century, Starman possesses a number of capabilities more developed than those typical in the 20th or 21st Century.
- Advanced Science/Mechanical Aptitude: Access to 853rd-century education allows Starman to create technology beyond anything available in the 21st Century, and makes even advanced technology from earlier periods seem simple.
- Enhanced Intellect: possessed of neo-cortex structures, the people of the 853rd Century are capable of processing vast amounts of information that overwhelm even Kal-El's superhuman mind.
- Telepathy: Inhabitants of the 853rd Century have a 100% rate of telepathy, which Starman can use to access the artificial telepathic information network known as Headnet.
- 21 Appearances of Farris Knight (DC One Million)
- 5 Images featuring Farris Knight (DC One Million)
- 2 Quotations by or about Farris Knight (DC One Million)
- Character Gallery: Farris Knight (DC One Million)
|DC One Million Character |
This character was created during DC One Million, and is a part of its possible future in the 853rd Century. DC One Million was a massive company-wide crossover event published in 1998.
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.