Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Father Time is the commander of the Super Human Advanced Defense Executive (S.H.A.D.E.), a counter-disaster organization.
He possesses the power to be reborn in a new body on New Year's Day to accompany the new year. With the dawn of a new year, Father Time has changed. While still in control of S.H.A.D.E and still operating under the same name, his appearance is now that of a Japanese elementary schoolgirl, complete with a "sailor fuku" uniform. However, he has lost none of his guile and commanding presence.
Powers and Abilities
- Unique Physiology: At the beginning of each year, he sheds his skin, and takes on a new appearance.
- Father Time was created by Grant Morrison and Doug Mahnke, first appearing in Seven Soldiers: Frankenstein #3. However, in the Prime Earth continuity, Father Time first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Frankenstein, Agent of S.H.A.D.E. #1 by Jeff Lemire and Alberto Ponticelli.
- This character is an adaptation of Father Time, a character in traditional stories. These include, but may not be limited to religious texts, myth, and/or folk lore. More information on the original can be found at Wikipedia.org.
- 26 Appearances of Father Time (Prime Earth)
- 4 Images featuring Father Time (Prime Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Father Time (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Father Time (Prime Earth)