Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
The Black Room
Becoming obsessed with finding the all-powerful Books of Magic, he learns that the damned sorcerer Nick Necro knew of locating the book. In order to free the sorcerer from his stay in hell, he would pledge his soul to a demon to allow the other sorcerer to escape. The pact granted him far greater power over his magic but cursed him to appeared more ghoulish. Teaming up with Nick Necro and Doctor Mist, the group attempted to use the Justice League Dark to seize the books but were inevitably outwitted by John Constantine.
Forever Evil: Blight
After the Crime Syndicate invaded Earth, both Faust and Nick Necro were enlisted to help build their Thaumaton weapon powered by other occult beings including Black Orchid, Enchantress, Blue Devil, Sargon the Sorcerer, and Zatanna with the intent of using them to destroying an entity that destroyed their world. After a grevious battle at Nanda Parbat, Nick Necro and Faust were defeated again by the Justice League Dark. The ordeal left Felix Faust powerless.
Midnight and Apollo
Lords of Order
Through unknown means, Felix Faust manage to regain his former appearance and lifted the ghoulish appearance given to him by the demonic bargain he had previously.
As the Otherkind began their attacks on other magicians and magical beings, Felix was among the victims in which most of his mind had been wiped. When visited by Zatanna and Wonder Woman, she used her magic and correctly guessed not all of his mind had vanished as he placed safeguards. When asked how to find Mordru, he gave them a single clue to his whereabouts: Papa Midnite.
- Magic: Felix Faust is a master sorcerer, granting him vast abilities with magic.
- Mind Reading: Felix can read the minds of others, even using magic to display their memories.
- Demon Three's Empowerment: Felix Faust is aware of a magical incantation in which allows him to utilize the power of the famed demon group known as the Demon Three. This power remained even after the altercation with Justice League Dark.
- Occultism: As a master sorcerer, he has astute knowledge on the supernatural and the mystic arts.
- Vulnerability to Pure Magic: Felix is considered a "dark magician", making it impossible to manipulate magic from purer sources like that of Nanda Parbat's own within the land. Doing so requires a medium though a mistake in doing so is able to kill him.
- Power Limitation: Felix's power diminshed at one point, having been considered a third-rate sorcerer, requiring him to seek sources to amplify his power enough to be considered a powerful foe in battle in the perspective of Zatanna and John Constantine.
- Felix Faust was created by Gardner Fox and Mike Sekowsky, first appearing in Justice League of America #10. However, in the rebooted Prime Earth continuity his first appearance as part of the DC Universe is in Jeff Lemire and Mikel Janin's New 52 Justice League Dark series.
- 37 Appearances of Felix Faust (Prime Earth)
- 11 Images featuring Felix Faust (Prime Earth)
- 3 Quotations by or about Felix Faust (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Felix Faust (Prime Earth)
- DC Comics Encyclopedia: All-New Edition
- Justice League Dark: The Black Room
- Justice League Dark #36
- Midnighter and Apollo #1
- Justice League Dark (Volume 2) #8
- Challenge of the Super Sons #4
- Justice League Dark #9
- Justice League Dark #28
- Constantine #11
- Justice League Dark #11
- Justice League Dark Annual #1
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Justice League, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Justice League Villains."
Secret Society of Super-Villains member