- I. Am. The. New. God. All is one in Darkseid. This mighty body is my church. When I command your surrender, I speak with three billion voices. When I make a fist to crush your resistance. It is with three billion hands. When I stare into your eyes and shatter your dreams. And break your heart. It is with six billion eyes. Nothing like Darkseid has ever come among you; nothing will again. I will take you to a hell without exit or end. And there I will murder your souls! And make you crawl and beg! And die! Die! DIE FOR DARKSEID!
- -- Darkseid
Appearing in "Into Oblivion"
- Green Lantern Hal Jordan
- Green Lantern John Stewart
- Renee Montoya (The Question)
- Mister Miracle
- Nix Uotan
- Sonny Sumo
- Super Young Team
- Green Lantern Corps
- Green Lantern (Alan Scott)
- The Marvel Family
- Darkseid (Behind the scenes)
- New Gods
- Female Furies
- Secret Society of Supervillains
- Alpha Lantern Corps
- Green Lantern Corps
- Black Condor
- Blue Beetle
- Metal Men
- Liberty Belle
- Blue Devil
- Red Arrow
- Wildcat (Ted Grant)
- Wildcat (Tom Bronson)
- Mister America
- Bronze Tiger
- GI Robot
- Citizen Steel
- Father Time
- The President of the United States
- The Mystery Anthropoid
Synopsis for "Into Oblivion"
On Oa, Hal Jordan is facing trial for the murder of Orion, believing that he under possession by the evil gods of Apokolips. Under the bylaws of the Green Lantern Corps, the testimony of Alpha Lantern Kraken is enough to convict him - but Honor Lanterns Guy Gardner and Kyle Rayner arrive, with the news that a disaster has struck Earth. They accuse Kraken of possession. She tries to talk her way out, but almost immediately resorts to force, mangling one of the Guardians and making straight for the Central Power Battery. The Guardians respond by initiating the Krona Protocol, which moves the Central Power Battery to a pocket dimension. With Kraken depowered, she is vulnerable to a physical assault by Hal Jordan.
However, the scope of the greater crisis becomes apparent: the impact of Darkseid's fall has smashed spacetime around Earth, and the subsequent "Doomsday Singularity" is generating fractures across all sectors of the universe. Hal Jordan is cleared on all charges, and with a team of volunteers, he is given 24 hours to save the universe.
In the Checkmate facility, Renee Montoya is being interviewed by Taleb Beni Khalid and Amanda Waller. They discuss a wide range of subjects, including the German Supergirl, the new biOMAC design, and the future of global law enforcement.
At the Castle, Checkmate and the Resistance fight back Justifier forces, while within their walls, the Super Young Team is still reacting to the shooting of Mister Miracle. However, Mister Miracle emerges unscathed, as he was wearing an impact-proof vest. Norman tells them about the Metron Pattern, the circuit that can render people immune to the Anti-Life Equation.
Kalibak rides through the ruins of Bludhaven alongside his hybrid Tiger-Clan, as they prepare for the coming of the forces of good. The heroes, led by Frankenstein, charge towards the Bunker. As Mary Marvel goes to attack Supergirl, she is intercepted by Black Adam. Adam tries to kill her, but is stopped by Captain Marvel, Jr.. Adam says it's not Mary; as he sees "a leering old man" in her eyes. She proceeds to attack the two, as Kalibak faces Tawky Tawny.
In a Justifier prison, Nix Uotan is thrown into a cell containing those who are immune to the Equation's effects. Along with him is a mysterious hairy anthropoid and a wheelchair-bound man who keeps fiddling with a Rubik's cube. The anthropoid mentions that no man alive has ever completed a maximally-scrambled Rubik's Cube in less that 18 moves. He tries to make Nix Uotan remember his Monitor heritage, showing his drawings, the anthropoid tries to get him to think, but Nix, in tears, despairs that his drawings are not real. As he goes on, Nix's eyes finally fall on a picture of a woman he had seen in his dreams, and he remembers her name - Weeja Dell. Seconds later, the guards return to deal with the prisoners, but the cripple, who just completed his Rubik's Cube in 17 moves...causes it to "ping". Light floods the chamber...
Libra is leading the Secret Society of Super-Villains at a public execution; some savant with access to their computers has been breaking codes for the Resistance, and Libra has condemned Calculator. Luthor is silent on the matter, but has been picked to lead the rearguard action against the heroes at Blüdhaven. He assumes it's an honor, but he doesn't look very pleased.
As events come together, Justifiers have found the US President's bunker, Green Lantern forces brave the Doomsday Singularity to get to Earth, and Supergirl fights Mary Marvel over Blüdhaven as the servants of Darkseid die. A hole in the sky opens over the hanging, and as Libra tells the Society of the "night of anguish that lasts forever", Darkseid gains the fullness of his power. Taking control of just under half the Earth's population, it seems he is unstoppable... but back in the cell, the Fifth World has truly dawned, and Nix Uotan is one of the first to be called—a Monitor once again.
- This book was first published on October 29, 2008.
- This issue contains more shots from Nix Uotan's sketchbook: the previously-seen pictures of Overman(from Earth-10), Captain Adam(from Earth-4), and Mandrakk, but also a drawing of Doc Fate(from Earth-20) and a strange version of Etrigan.
- DC Comics solicitation reads: Humanity enslaved! Time shattered and bleeding! Anti-Life triumphant! Can Earth's demoralized, beaten heroes rally their scattered forces for the ultimate super-battle against the nightmare armies of Apokolips when the forces of good meet the forces of evil on the bridge to Blüdhaven? As Darkseid's presence causes reality itself to sicken and the lights to go out across the universe, as even the Guardians fall, the true power of the evil gods finally reveals itself, and a major character returns for a shocking conclusion. Does the secret of humankind's salvation lie in a mysterious cave painting and a bolt of lightning? Or has the Last Day come for us all?
- The identity of the Mystery Anthropoid has been much discussed. Several possible true identites have been suggested, from Sam Simeon, to Big Bear of the Forever People, to Highfather himself. The most logical answer, is that he is Mister Stubbs, an Anthropoid who appears alongside Nix in Morrison's Multiversity.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Final Crisis Vol 1 5 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Final Crisis series
- Images from Final Crisis Vol 1 5
- Crisis Recommended Reading
Links and References
|Final Crisis Crossover |