"Prowl!": Firestorm flies towards Queens in order to meet Summer Day at Kennedy Airport. She is returning home after several therapy sessions to recuperate from her Hyena alter ego. Along the way, Firestorm saves a Lear jet fro
Firestorm (Volume 2) #10 is an issue of the series Firestorm (Volume 2) with a cover date of March, 1983. It was published on December 9, 1982.
Appearing in "Prowl!"
- Hyena (Jivan Shi) (First appearance)
- New York City
Synopsis for "Prowl!"
Firestorm flies towards Queens in order to meet Summer Day at Kennedy Airport. She is returning home after several therapy sessions to recuperate from her Hyena alter ego. Along the way, Firestorm saves a Lear jet from crashing into the pavement. The pilot is ungrateful however as he discovers that the hero has transformed his private plane into a hot air balloon.
Later that evening, Doreen Day discovers that Summer is missing. She goes to Ronnie's house and asks for his help. Ronnie secretly transforms into Firestorm and flies towards Eastside Hospital. He suspects that Summer may have returned there, as this was the one other locale that she was most familiar with.
At the hospital, Firestorm encounters the Hyena. He fights with the cackling creature as it rampages through the medical center. Firestorm pushes the Hyena backwards into a shelf filled with chemicals. The chemicals burns the Hyena's flesh and the creature flees the building.
Later, Ronnie goes to the Day home to tell Doreen's parents about Summer. Summer eventually returns home, but has no memory of her whereabouts of the past few hours. Mr. and Mrs. Day bring Summer back inside the house. Moments later, the Hyena appears outside and scratches Ronnie across the back of the neck.
Ronnie limps back to Professor Stein's apartment in Jackson Heights to tell him that there is a new Hyena active in Manhattan, and that it is not Summer Day. While talking with Stein, Martin's ex-wife, Clarissa Clement arrives at the front door.
- Summer Day last appeared as the Hyena in Flash (Volume 1) #304. She does not appear as the Hyena in this issue.
- Bert and Helen Day's first names are revealed in this issue. They appear next in issue #11.
- The business known as the Bun 'n' Run is mis-spelled as Bun 'n' Bun in this issue.
- This comic book features advertisements for the following products:
- —Parker Brothers – Spider-Man video game cartridge for the Atari and Sears home video game systems
- —Grit Magazine subscription service
- —TSR – Dungeons & Dragons role playing game supplement
- —Bubble Yum bubble gum
- —Lifesavers roll candy and lollipops
- —Remco Sgt. Rock action figure
- Discuss Firestorm Vol 2 10 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Firestorm series
- Images from Firestorm Vol 2 10
- Firestorm Recommended Reading
- Firestorm (Volume 1)
- The Flash (Volume 1): The Flash #289– #304
- Firestorm (Volume 2)
- Justice League of America (Volume 1): Justice League of America #179– #225 & Justice League of America Annual #1–2
- Extreme Justice (Volume 1)
- JLA #69– #82
- Identity Crisis #5
- Firestorm (Volume 3)
- Fury of Firestorm: The Nuclear Men (Volume 1)
- Legends of Tomorrow (Volume 1)