"Cold Snap!": Killer Frost is dying. The months spent in a cooling unit in the Concorde Federal Penitentiary has critically altered her biological structure. Now, her health is slowly deteriorating. She goes to visit an old colleague of hers named [[Louise Linco
- Give me your warmth. Let me draw the heat from your bones, the fire from your heart.
Appearing in "Cold Snap!"
- Killer Frost (Dies)
- Oficer Jones (Only appearance; dies)
- Malcolm Haines (a fisherman) (Only appearance; dies)
- Sgt. Mackey
- New York City
- Washington D.C.
- The Mary Sue
Synopsis for "Cold Snap!"
Killer Frost is dying. The months spent in a cooling unit in the Concorde Federal Penitentiary has critically altered her biological structure. Now, her health is slowly deteriorating. She goes to visit an old colleague of hers named Louise Lincoln. She holds her hostage in her laboratory, forcing the nervous young woman to run a battery of tests on her. Lincoln wants to help cure Frost's ailment, but quickly realizes that the situation is hopeless. Several guards storm Lincoln's office prepared to arrest Killer Frost. She freezes their feet to the floor and absorbs all of the heat from their bodies. It is not enough however. She needs more power. Killer Frost goes on a rampage and begins terrorizing the New Jersey Turnpike.
Meanwhile, Firestorm soars over Manhattan Island scanning for any signs of Killer Frost. He stops at the police station and asks Sgt. Mackey if he has had any luck tracking Frost down. Mackey brushes him off, indicating his distaste for vigilantism.
That evening, Firestorm continues searching for his foe. He takes notice of massive amounts of destruction taking place near the George Washington Bridge. Killer Frost's condition is worsening. Hopelessly insane, she is rapidly advancing in age, consuming as much heat energy as she possibly can. Firestorm attacks her, and she transforms the entire bridge into ice. She unleashes the full fury of her power against Firestorm, nearly destroying him. She picks his body up and prepares to kiss him. Firestorm attempts a last-ditch gamble. He overloads Killer Frost with a surplus of nuclear heat, hoping to burn her powers out. There is a brilliant flash of light and Killer Frost is gone.
Exhausted, Firestorm stumbles along the Manhattan streets until he reaches the home of Lorraine Reilly. As she opens the door, he passes out in front of her.
- Death of Killer Frost (Crystal Frost).
- Firestorm turns a hydrogen tank into a water pistol in this issue.
- This comic book contains advertisements for the following products:
- — Parker Brothers Frogger video game
- — Parker Brothers Q bert and Popeye video games
- — Garcia Kingfisher spinning reel
- — Odyssey Probe 2000 series War Room video game
- — Remco Arak, Warlord and Hercules action figures
- — Zorcom space ship playset