""A Cold Time in the Old Town Tonight..."": Firestorm tracks down Zero and Beanbag, the two muggers responsible for murdering Bison-Black-As-Midnight-Sky. He chases them all throughout the Manhattan streets and comes very close
- Of course you can get close, little man. But if you get close to Killer Frost... you have to pay the price!
Appearing in "A Cold Time in the Old Town Tonight..."
- Cliff Carmichael
- Doreen Day
- Edward Raymond
- Harry Carew
- Jefferson Jackson
- John Ravenhair
- Vanessa Tremont
- Beanbag (Single appearance)
- Martha Roberts (Single appearance)
- Zero (Single appearance)
- New York City
Synopsis for "A Cold Time in the Old Town Tonight..."
Firestorm tracks down Zero and Beanbag, the two muggers responsible for murdering Bison-Black-As-Midnight-Sky. He chases them all throughout the Manhattan streets and comes very close to ending their lives. Martin Stein telepathically calms him down and tells him that it is time to attend Bison-Black-As-Midnight-Sky's funeral. They separate and quietly attend the services at Fresh Meadows Cemetery in Queens.
Meanwhile, at the Federal District Courthouse in downtown Manhattan, the trial of Killer Frost is underway. Judge Martha Roberts demands that the bailiff remove the thermafrost device keeping Killer Frost's body inert, so that she may confirm whether the reputed villain really has any super-powers. Frost uses this as an opportunity to escape and freezes everybody inside the courthouse.
Later, Ronnie Raymond returns home to find his father, Edward, in a state of anger. Edward has just learned that Ronnie has been suspended from the basketball team for missing so much time in school. Ronnie cannot tell his father that the reason he has missed so much school is due to his responsibilities as Firestorm. Edward slaps Ronnie hard across the face, and Ronnie storms out of the house.
At Concordance Research, Harry Carew sneaks into Professor Stein's empty lab. He discovers that Stein had been making a recording, which he then subsequently erased. Harry steals the tape with plans on retrieving the lost data.
Meanwhile, Killer Frost goes to the Bronx water reservoir and freezes all of the water. From there, she turns her power onto the rest of the city and coats the five Burroughs of New York with a thick sheet of ice and frost. Ronnie Raymond and Martin Stein transform into Firestorm and fly after her. Firestorm finds Killer Frost sitting atop a custom-made ice throne on the roof of City Hall. Frost forces Firestorm to bow down before her and acknowledge her as the new Queen of New York.
- 1st and only appearance of Judge Martha Roberts
- Zero and Beanbag first appeared in issue #1.
- Killer Frost mentions in this issue that it is the middle of Spring, whereas a notation in issue #2 indicates that it is late Summer.
- This comic book contains advertisements for the following products:
- — Bubble Yum bubble gum
- — Grit Magazine subscription service
- — Triple-Flips handheld board game
- — Lifesavers roll candy and lollipops
- — Remco Sgt. Rock action figure
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Firestorm Vol 2 3 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Firestorm series
- Images from Firestorm Vol 2 3
Links and References
- Firestorm #3 entry at Grand Comics Database
- Firestorm #3 entry at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Firestorm #3 entry at CBDB