"Rolling Thunder": Firestorm is contemplating the meaning of his existence as he stands in the ruins of the land he burned to the ground in Africa just hours ago. Shango of the Black Gods arrives in a bolt of lightning.
- Beware, flaming man! I have not come here for war, but I will indulge myself if you continue to annoy me.
- — Shango
Synopsis for "Rolling Thunder"
Firestorm is contemplating the meaning of his existence as he stands in the ruins of the land he burned to the ground in Africa just hours ago. Shango of the Black Gods arrives in a bolt of lightning.
Meanwhile, due to a city ordinance, the Institute for Metahuman Studies is facing a complete shutdown. Rodney Hawkins from Sunderland International turns up and offers a deal: IMHS will pool its resources with Sunderland and Sunderland will allow IMHS to use one of its facilities outside the city of Pittsburgh, where it will not be affected by the citywide ban on metahumans.
Shango and Firestorm fight. After a short battle, Shango knocks out Firestorm and goes about his business. Firestorm awakens and is attacked by shadows that consume him.
Appearing in "Rolling Thunder"
- Firestorm Recommended Reading
- Firestorm (Volume 1)
- The Flash (Volume 1): The Flash #289– #304
- Firestorm (Volume 2)
- Justice League of America (Volume 1): Justice League of America #179– #225 & Justice League of America Annual #1–2
- Extreme Justice (Volume 1)
- JLA #69– #82
- Identity Crisis #5
- Firestorm (Volume 3)
- Fury of Firestorm: The Nuclear Men (Volume 1)
- Legends of Tomorrow (Volume 1)