"The End is Here": While Orion goes one-on-one with Kalibak, Firestorm keeps the army of Parademons at bay. He creates large electric fan, a three-headed dragon and a battleship to fight against his foes, but the Parademons appear to fly towards him
- I had planned to show you mercy -- but your impertinence has earned you a slow and painful death.
- — Kalibak
Appearing in "The End is Here"
Synopsis for "The End is Here"
While Orion goes one-on-one with Kalibak, Firestorm keeps the army of Parademons at bay. He creates large electric fan, a three-headed dragon and a battleship to fight against his foes, but the Parademons appear to fly towards him in even greater numbers.
Kalibak gets the drop on Orion and prepares to kill him, but Mister Miracle swoops down and scoops Orion up, pulling him out of harm's way. Kalibak then focuses on Firestorm and Firehawk. He demands that Firestorm surrender Professor Stein to him or else he will crush Firehawk. Gehenna appears behind Kalibak and creates a pile of dynamite that explodes in his face. This allows the heroes a brief respite to catch their breath.
Once the battle resumes, Firestorm attempts to fight Kalibak with his fists. Kalibak grabs him in a bear hug and begins squeezing the life from him. Firestorm generates a massive atomic burst that knocks Kalibak out.
Flying back to the street, he borrows Mister Miracle's Mother Box, and uses it to teleport the remaining Parademons off-planet. Orion asks him where he teleported them to, but Firestorm doesn't tell him.
Moments later, a second Boom-Tube emerges and Darkseid steps out. Grabbing Firestorm, he literally pulls Professor Stein's essence out of him, forcing the two to split. He takes Stein's unconscious body back through the Boom-Tube.
Jason merges with Gehenna and swears that he will scour Apokolips until he finds Professor Stein.
- Final issue of the series. The next-issue box for this issue includes a message which reads, "Thanks to everyone who helped make Firestorm amazing, and keep an eye out for the Nuclear Man throughout the DCU!"
- The tagline for this issue is "Parademon Assault!"
- The three-headed monster that Firestorm creates bears a resemblance to King Ghidorah, a creation of Toho Pictures, and foil of Godzilla.
- Discuss Firestorm Vol 3 35 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Firestorm series
- Images from Firestorm Vol 3 35
- Firestorm Recommended Reading
- Firestorm (Volume 1)
- The Flash (Volume 1): The Flash #289– #304
- Firestorm (Volume 2)
- Justice League of America (Volume 1): Justice League of America #179– #225 & Justice League of America Annual #1–2
- Extreme Justice (Volume 1)
- JLA #69– #82
- Identity Crisis #5
- Firestorm (Volume 3)
- Fury of Firestorm: The Nuclear Men (Volume 1)
- Legends of Tomorrow (Volume 1)
Links and References
The events from this issue or series are related to the Countdown to Final Crisis. Countdown was a weekly series spanning exactly 52 issues, and tying in with plots across many story arcs all over the DCU. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the Countdown Crossover category.