The Fisherman is an international criminal who began his career by stealing rare objects and scientific inventions and selling them to the highest bidder. When he stole a growth formula capable of enlarging any living matter it came into contact with, he encountered Aquaman and he's been an enemy of him since.
On several further occasions, the Fisherman has clashed with Aquaman; once when the Fisherman was running weapons to Atlantean rebels on behalf of the Shark, again running drugs to France using trained dolphins, then again while the Fisherman was working for Kobra as part of the Serpent-Lord's plans for world conquest - each time Aquaman defeated the Fisherman. The Fisherman has also clashed with Blue Devil and once with the Green Lantern G'nort. He had taken up residence in the villain friendly country of Zandia.
There was a second incarnation of The Fisherman. The Fisherman, Scavenger, Body Doubles, Red Panzer, Riddler, and Murmur attack the Gotham Police during The Infinite Crisis. The Fisherman goes on a rampage and begins to strangle Crispus Allen. He is shot dead by Detectives Marcus Driver and Josephine MacDonald.
The Autopsy reveals that he is not the original Fisherman, only an impostor. The third Fisherman is a xenoform parasite that attaches itself to the host and uses fear to control its victims.
- Possession: The Fisherman is the parasite that has attached to itself from host to host since the first Fisherman's debut. It launches itself at a target and takes over the target's mind and body once it has attached itself to the target. When possessing someone and turning that person into the newest Fisherman, the parasite takes on the appearance of a hood. 
- Fisherman's Helmet: Special pressurized suit with a recyclable air supply that allows him to survive for extended periods at the very bottom of the oceans.
- Fisherman's Rod: Reinforced titanium steel fishing rod with an incredibly strong polymer line which he is able to cast with pinpoint precision with either razor-sharp hooks or specially weighted lead bobs.
- Lures: Fisherman has a number of special fishing lures around his waist that have been gimmicked to explode or release clouds of noxious gases upon impact.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 20 Appearances of Fisherman (New Earth)
- 10 Images featuring Fisherman (New Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Fisherman (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Fisherman (New Earth)
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of Aquaman, or members of the Aquaman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Aquaman Villains."