Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
- Life is locomotion... if you're not moving, you're not living. But there comes a time when you've got to stop running away from things... and you've got to start running towards something, you've got to forge ahead. Keep moving. Even if your path isn't lit... trust that you'll find your way.
- 1 History
- 1.1 Origin
- 1.2 Forming the Justice League
- 1.3 Move Forward
- 1.4 Rogues Revolution
- 1.5 Gorilla Warfare
- 1.6 Reverse
- 1.7 History Lessons
- 1.8 Out of Time
- 1.9 Savage World
- 1.10 Zoom
- 1.11 Darkseid War
- 1.12 The Return of Wally West
- 1.13 Lightning Strikes Twice
- 1.14 Speed of Darkness
- 1.15 Rogues Reloaded
- 1.16 The Button
- 1.17 The Color of Fear
- 1.18 Running Scared
- 1.19 Negative
- 1.20 Return to Normal & Dhawan's Betrayal
- 1.21 Dark Nights: Metal
- 1.22 Cold Days in Hell
- 1.23 Perfect Storm
- 1.24 Flash War
- 1.25 Force Quest
- 1.26 Justice/Doom War
- 1.27 Heroes in Crisis
- 1.28 Death of the Speed Force
- 1.29 The Flash Ages
- 1.30 Death Metal
- 2 Powers and Abilities
- 3 Paraphernalia
- 4 Notes
- 5 Trivia
- 6 Related
When Barry was a boy, his parents' relationship wasn't going well, and while he prepared to participate in a spelling bee at school, his mother Nora was struggling to encourage him despite working double shifts and trying to get a divorce from his father Henry. He received the divorce papers on the day of the spelling bee, and because Nora had to work, he seethed and took Barry to school. When Nora returned from work, she was happy to see that her son had won the competition, but she was obligated to speak to Henry about their relationship, and so Barry was sent to the bookstore in the meantime. By the time Barry returned, however, his mother had been murdered, and his father had been placed under arrest, though he professed his innocence.
Fortunately, Darryl Frye, who had secretly been involved romantically with Nora, pulled some strings and was able to take Barry in. For years, Barry visited his father in prison, promising to look over all of the evidence of his mother's murder case until he found a way to prove his innocence.
As an adult, Barry's life of searching for answers about his mother lead him to becoming a forensic scientist for the Central City Police Department. Because the years in prison had worn on him, Henry gave up hope, broke down in tears, and admitted to his son that he had committed the crime. The shock of realizing that all of his efforts had been for nothing depressed Barry. On the night of a storm, Barry angrily tore his lab apart. Suddenly, a bolt of lightning crashed through his lab's window and struck him in the chest, causing him to drop the chemical vials he was carrying and douse himself.
After a 4 month long months in a coma after the accident, Barry woke with super-speed abilities. Inspired by Darryl's example, Barry decided to take on a symbol for himself and fight for good. He created the ring that held his specially designed costume and became known as the Flash, the fastest man alive.
Forming the Justice League
Barry's first meeting with his future Justice League team members happened while attempting to stop a fight between Batman and Superman in Central City. Showcasing his super speed abilities, the Flash was surprised when Superman managed to defeat him with just a flick of his finger. After Batman calmed Superman down, explaining that he and Green Lantern had nothing to do with the strange creatures that had been plaguing the world, the Flash remained confused looking to Green Lantern for confirmation on whether they were still fighting. Soon after, a new portal was opened in Metropolis and the four men ensued a battle on stopping the alien creatures that were now attacking the city. It was there that they met Wonder Woman, an Amazonian princess who had recently settled onto Prime Earth. After another lengthy battle with the aliens, the Flash noticed they were forming above the water. Here, Aquaman, the legendary superhero of the sea, joined the fray as the battle continued. The team also eventually enlisted Cyborg.
Soon, the master of the creatures and mind behind the attacks was revealed to be Darkseid. However, the Flash seemed the only one conscious to see the terrifying creature enact his attempt at domination over Earth. Fearfully, the Flash attempted to rouse his fellow heroes. Superman then attempted to battle Darkseid but was swiftly defeated and captured.
Batman then formulated a plan, consisting of him being captured to rescue Superman while the others engaged Darkseid in a fight. Wonder Woman eventually did some damage but the five remaining members were proving to struggle against the alien overlord. Superman rejoined them after being saved by Batman and delivered the final punch to send Darkseid back to his world. Soon after, the seven were rewarded and began to debate on whether they should become a league of superheroes helping to protect civilians in catastrophic world situations. When asked for a name, the Flash announced they would be called 'The Super Seven'. He later stated the name was under consideration.
While on his first date with co-worker Patty Spivot at a technology symposium, Barry had a chance encounter with Dr. Darwin Elias, a prominent theoretical physicist who had designed a device that could re-code the human genome. The date and the encounter were interrupted by a gang of thugs who stole the re-coder. Barry managed to recover the device, but in the process, one of the thugs he was chasing died. What was worse was that he recognized the man - it was his old friend Manuel Lago. Fortunately, the forensics showed that something other than the impact had killed Manuel, clearing Flash's name.
Barry learned with the help of Dr. Elias' device that Manuel's DNA had been altered in some way, but was startled in his study by the sudden appearance of Manuel in his apartment - alive and well. Manuel had no time to explain himself, though, as someone began banging down the door. Together, they ran for their lives. Barry ducked out of sight to become the Flash, but was surprised when he emerged to see that Manuel had been caught by several clones of himself. When they claimed that they had taken reporter and old flame Iris West hostage, Barry was forced to watch them take Manuel away.
Barry learned that Manuel had been working for the CIA and had officially died 16 months ago. However, these clones who called themselves Mob Rule and appeared to be suffering from rapid cellular deterioration, had found they're original and hoped to use him to lengthen their short lives. The process by which they intended to do this resulted in an EMP blast that cut power from both of the Gem Cities, and caused numerous disasters. While Iris was trapped in Iron Heights during a power outage, Barry and Patty attempted to save Manuel, but in the process, Barry was shot through the head, and apparently killed. Despite Patty's attempt to save him, Manuel decided to give himself up to Mob Rule, knowing that he was responsible for their creation.
Barry had not really died, though, and woke to discover that Elias had been kidnapped by Mob Rule in the hopes that he could save them. Manuel had agreed to let Elias use his DNA to re-code Mob Rule's own DNA, and resolve their problem. Unfortunately, something in the process went wrong, and Flash was forced to stop it to save Manuel. Manuel was ungrateful, however, because the interruption killed all of the clones, leaving him alive.
Afterward, Barry revealed that he had survived to Patty, and later learned from Elias that it was his speed that caused the EMP blast and the problem with the re-coding process. Barry's super-speed was opening rifts in time. To counter this, Elias created a device to measure Barry's built-up energy and warned him when a rift was likely to be created. It also served the dual purpose of storing that energy to be used to power the Gem Cities during the outage.
Meanwhile, Leonard Snart had escaped Iron Heights during the outage, and had learned that his hospitalized sister Lisa's life support was threatened by a lack of power, for which he blamed the Flash. In order to draw his enemy out, Leonard staged an attack using his new cold-powers, and the Flash was forced to fight him. In the process, his speed opened another rift, which sent Iris and a few others into the Speed Force, and Barry Allen was thought to have been lost with them. In the aftermath, the Flash learned of Lisa Snart's critical condition, and saw to it that she gets the treatment she needed.
To save Iris, Flash entered the Speed Force where he encountered a man named Roscoe Hynes who had been trapped there long ago. From Hynes, he learned that he was actually preventing temporal anomalies by running and that it was Hynes who had caused the EMP blast. Angrily, he attacked Hynes, and both of them fell into a wormhole and emerged in a city populated by intelligent Gorillas.
Barry's sudden arrival in the Gorilla City was at just the same moment that Grodd was being crowned king. Unfortunately, the journey through the Speed Force caused Barry to lose his memory. Though the new king was eager to eat the visitor's brains, the city's elders believed Barry to be a messenger who deserved the honor. They freed him from captivity, explaining that the same power that gave him his speed was what gave them their sentience, but it was they who were to be the messengers for him. Barry was to be the Speed Force's vessel, and he was needed to run for the sake of all mankind. Soon, Barry regained his memory and defeated Grodd, who was jealous of his power. Though it would mean the end of their civilization, the gorillas allowed Barry to return home, where he discovered with a confusion that Dr. Elias was holding protests against him.
Surprised by this turn of events, Flash decided to reveal his real identity to Patty, but learned that she had gone to Guatemala to solve the cold-case murder of Claudio Mardon, whose brother Marco had inherited the Mardon Cartel. She was caught and kidnapped by Mardon, requiring Barry to intervene. In the process he learned that Marco, known to him as the Weather Wizard, had gained super-powers, just like Captain Cold had. In the meantime, Patty learned from another captive that it was Claudio's wife Elsa who had murdered him and that she was manipulating Marco. Eventually, Marco learned of the betrayal, and killed her, allowing Flash to save Patty. Unfortunately, she was not eager to see him, as the sight of him reminded her of the loss of Barry. So, Barry decided not to reveal his identity to her yet. Later, Marco found himself recruited by Lisa Snart into a new version of the Rogues.
To maintain the illusion of Barry Allen's death, Barry took up residence in Keystone City, trying to keep a low profile. There, he got a job at a bar frequented by the Rogues, where Heat Wave blamed Captain Cold for the dissolution of the Rogues. Flash was forced to intervene and have them arrested, but on their way to prison Lisa Snart, the Golden Glider, staged an escape for Heat Wave - but not her brother. All the while Darwin Elias continued to decry Flash's name in the streets.
Captain Cold was rescued instead by the Pied Piper, who had returned to crime-fighting in the Flash's absence, but Piper's intent was not to let him go free. Cold was rescued from impending police capture, then, by Axel Walker, the Trickster, who claimed that the Rogues had reunited without Cold's involvement. Meanwhile, confused by Elias' turning on him, Barry learns that the physicist was using him to further his own studies. As Elias prepared to make the announcement for a green-energy monorail system, Barry was surprised to see the Golden Glider moving at a speed faster than anyone else could see, and she intended to murder Elias for what he did to the Rogues. When he was too late to stop her from injuring him, Barry realized he was being framed, when the public saw him holding the wounded Elias in his arms. In the confusion, the Rogues use the distraction to get away with stealing the monorail train, and storing it in the Mirror World.
Nearly 18 months before those events, Captain Cold had been leading the Rogues, and they had all obeyed a strict moral code - though it was a corrupted one. The failure of one of their jobs thanks to the Flash led to the Trickster being fired, but the failure and discord between his friends made Cold depressed. He was accosted by Dr. Elias, who offered him the chance to even the score with the Flash. This chance involved using the Genome Re-Coder to give them all powers. Unfortunately, the process went wrong, and though they were all given powers, his sister Lisa was rendered a ghostly projection while her body remained comatose. Her boyfriend Sam, though, was trapped forever in the Mirror World.
Now that the reformed Rogues had spurned Captain Cold, he decided to team up with the Flash. Though they were successful, Cold turned on him and came out the winner against both sides. Unfortunately, his success was short-lived, as the Gem Cities were about to be attacked by an army of Gorillas.
Shortly afterward, a gorilla army led by Grodd attacked Central City. The Rogues realized they would need help to defeat them, so Weather Wizard woke Flash up with a small rain. Knowing the danger Grodd represented, Flash agreed to a temporary alliance with the Rogues. As the Rogues fought the gorilla army, Flash chased after Grodd himself.
Unfortunately, Grodd had supercharged himself with Speed Force energy, giving him an edge over Flash. As the two clashed, Grodd maintained the upper hand and shattered Barry's mask. Just as Grodd was about to impale him with a metal sign pole, Solovar, another gorilla, sacrificed his life to save Flash.
Barry collapsed from exhaustion, and Patty (who had discovered his identity) took him to the house of his friend Manuel Lago's mother Malaya to recover. As he slept, Barry's mind watched every possible outcome his battle with Grodd could cause. Each outcome ended with Patty dead or seriously injured. Realizing that he cared too much for Patty to let that happen, Barry decided to surrender himself to Grodd.
As he woke up, Barry explained his plan to Patty and they shared a final moment together. As Flash faced Grodd in Dr. Elias's lab, he used his powers to draw Grodd with him into the Speed Force, where they could end their conflict once and for all. Suddenly, a tank crashed next to them and Flash found Iris in the cockpit.
To protect Iris from Grodd, Flash summoned a wooly mammoth to tackle Grodd, hurling him into the farthest reaches of the Speed Force. Flash took Iris and other people trapped inside the Speed Force back to Central City. Meanwhile, the Central City police department had already caused the gorillas to retreat, ending the invasion. Later, Barry met up with Iris and realized she had lost her memories of the Speed Force.
With the battle with Grodd over, Barry began noticing that all the people trapped within the Speed Force had acquired speed powers after their release. Later, a group of people called the Outlanders attempted to break the Trickster out of prison. Flash attempted to stop them, but his powers disappeared all of a sudden. Arming himself with super-villain weapons, Barry attempted to stop the Outlanders without his powers. Fortunately, his powers returned and Flash was able to solve the situation without further incident.
Later, Barry moved in with Patty. He also returned to work in the police department, albeit as a basement archivist. Patty told Barry two of the Speed Force escapees had been murdered by a mysterious assailant. Flash went to investigate Floyd Gomez, another escapee, believing that he might know something about the murders. However, Gomez refused to cooperate and caused a train to derail, forcing Flash to let him go and save the train. Examining one of the victim's corpse, Barry found evidence that the killer might be Kid Flash.
Flash chased Kid Flash all over the world and, after catching up to him tried to explain his situation. However, Kid Flash did not trust him and was later extracted by the Teen Titans. Flash was suspicious of Kid Flash's reluctance to talk about his past, but decided to let him go.
Later, Flash created a suit for Iris to wear, knowing that she had also inherited powers from the Speed Force. The suit was designed to protect her from the Speed Force killer. Investigating Albert Lim's murder scene together, they asked Patty to examine the evidence they found. Remembering about the stolen monorail, Flash left Iris with Patty to question Dr. Elias, the monorail's creator, about his involvement. As soon as he arrived at Dr. Elias's lab, he found the Speed Force killer attacking him.
Flash and the killer fought each other and the killer revealed his plans to take the Speed Force for himself and alter time. Iris intervened in the struggle and got hurt and the killer drained Flash of his Speed Force energy, revealing himself to be Daniel, Iris' brother.
As Daniel traveled to the past, he attempted to kill his father when he and Iris were kids. Flash drained his Speed Force energy and took Daniel back to the present, where he was arrested for the murders he committed. As Flash ended his partnership with Dr. Elias, Barry reunited with Patty. After seeing what the Speed Force is capable of, Barry decided to reopen his father's case file and prove his innocence.
Barry was at a fancy restaurant with his friend Hal Jordan, the Green Lantern, who was about to go into space to lead the Lantern Corps. They were suddenly teleported to another planet, where Barry recalled their "first date." Flash and Green Lantern first met tracking down kidnapped children, when they discovered that the kids were being turned into gladiators for a tournament on War World. While Flash took the children back to their homes, unbeknownst to him, Green Lantern made a deal that the two of them would return and fight for the team that the children were representing. In the present, Barry and Hal win the tournament, but only one of them can fight the reigning champion for the title. Disconnected from the speed force, Barry used Hal's ring to win the fight.
Tar Pit and Rainbow Raider have robbed every store on a city block, drawing the Flash's attention. While in pursuit of them, he found a makeshift grave of skeletons. They're revealed to be old victims of a famous Keystone City serial killer. Barry believed he may have found his mom's murderer because the bodies died after the original killer was imprisoned, leading police to believe he had a partner. Flash discovered that the killer was actually a ghost that hopped from body to body, killing descendants of his old enemy, founder of the Gem Cities. The ghost can possess his own descendants indefinitely, so Darryl Frye alters police records to show that he is the most recent one when it's actually Barry. Deadman possesses the Flash to prevent the ghost from getting to him first, and together they trap the ghost in the House of Mystery.
Out of Time
Five years in his future, the Flash arrived at the scene of a car crash. Iris West was being rolled away on a stretcher, and there's a dead teenager who Barry seems to recognize. 20 years in the future, the Flash sported a blue costume and was talking about how much he'd missed. A newspaper clipping on his wall revealed that the teen killed in the car accident was Wally West, Iris' nephew.
Barry was sent to talk to a criminal called Mogul about a murder that happened using his weapon. He looked into the murder further and discovered that many Central City villains' gadgets and weapons were stolen from the evidence locker during the Crime Syndicate's reign. Flash eventually found the identity of the Mashup killer, Detective Seaborne, and got him arrested.
20 years in the future, The Flash executed Gorilla Grodd and then started his journey back in time to kill himself. As he traveled back, he sat with Captain Cold when he died of cancer, and stopped all of the other Rogues from ruining their lives.
The Flash, at last, arrived at his last stop, 5 years in the future, on the day Wally died. He saved Wally and Iris but fatally injured the Barry from that time, who gave his power to Wally. Flash realized that he had to travel back another five years to completely mend the rift in the Speed Force that caused him to miss Wally's accident, and was about to sacrifice the Flash from the present to use his energy. Wally from the time of the accident traveled back and uses his own life force to heal the rift instead. This left Barry trapped in the speed force, with the Future Flash taking his place.
While Barry was trapped in the Speed Force, he teamed up with others trapped there to escape. In the end, it was revealed that they wanted to kill Barry to escape, but Barry managed to merge with the Speed Force again to escape, with one other enemy, who had his spine broken. Barry attacked the Future Flash, who had been maiming criminals and ruining his public image. Barry retook his place as the Flash, but the Future Flash died, his last words saying that he never found their mother's killer, but found a lead. The lead is a name, THAWNE.
At the same time, Patty broke up with him due to the actions of his future counterpart because of her inability to reconcile the face of the man she loved with the killer he'd become.
Barry goes to his dad in prison to reveal his lead, which leaves his father in outrage at the mention of the name, declaring to leave him alone and stay away from him. He later goes out to fight a criminal but sees what appears to be a yellow speedster zoom by.
He soon found that his father escaped from jail, and believed that he was taken as leverage. He tracks him down but lets him escape. Barry is soon alerted to a holdup, which was staged by Henry to get the flash's help, unaware that his son is the flash. He tells Flash that a man named Eobard Thawne killed his mother, and Barry agrees to help. As Barry goes to fight Zoom, he is approached by what appears to be Zoom's Acolytes. As Barry is ambushed by the Acolytes, Zoom then forces Henry Allen to create a Power Stealing Glove, and Zoom steals one of the acolytes powers. As they find out they feel betrayed and attack Zoom. Feeling desperate, Zoom runs off with Barry's father.
When the daughter of Darkseid Grail summoned the Anti-Monitor to fight against her father. During the battle between Darkseid and the Anti-Monitor, Darkseid summoned the Black Racer to destroy his enemy, but the Anti-Monitor stripped the Racer of Darkseid's grasp and merged it with Barry. After being bound to the Black Racer Barry was then unwillingly used the weapon to deliver a deathly blow against the Dark God, finally killing the despot of Apokolips.
The Racer was quick to seize control of his new host's mind, but his efforts were almost negated by the Flash's will to resist his corrupting ideas, instigating a conflict among the two.
The Black Racer was separated from the Flash by the powers of the child of Superwoman and Alexander Luthor, who possessed the same ability to absorb the super powers of others as his father. However, the Racer could not be absorbed, and instead was only separated from it's host. As it needed to claim a life before it could disappear, it struck Power Ring; however Jessica Cruz was spared and instead the life of Volthoom was claimed, and his ring destroyed. The Racer then vanished.
The Return of Wally West
After the fallout of the recent death of Darkseid a strange ripple energy occurred causing a tear in the Speed Force. It was revealed that Wally West had been lost in the Speed Force for about ten years. The ripple caused by Darkseid's death allowed Wally to partially break through, but each attempt caused him to fall further into the Speed Force. After realizing not even Linda (his traditional "lightning rod") could remember him, Wally sank into desolation and chose to appear before Barry one last time to thank him for the life he had given him. Just before Wally disappeared, Barry suddenly remembered him and dragged him free of the Speed Force. Following a tearful reunion, Wally gave Barry his warning of the true source of the universal change and the dangers to come. Although the two decide to keep Wally's return secret from Iris based on Wally's own experience with Linda, Barry encourages him to return to the Teen Titans, but also recommends that he don a new costume to reflect that he is the Flash rather than 'Kid Flash'. While Wally considers his options, Barry visits Batman to discuss the new evidence of some outside force attacking them, musing on how personal this assault appears, but despite the potential danger, Batman and Barry agree to keep their investigation to themselves until they know what they are up against.
Lightning Strikes Twice
While investigating a criminal group called the Black Hole, Barry was working with his new partner Detective August Heart. The group was responsible for the theft of a van that contained equipment from S.T.A.R. Lab's when August spot's one of the members of Black Hole spray painting the group's insignia on the former spot of his brother's murder. When the August tried to confront one of the criminals shot him. Before even Barry can even try to save him and before the bullet could hit him. Barry witnesses August being struck by lightning that created from the Speed Force. Barry then witnesses as August is able to stop the shooter using superhuman speed. After seeing him d Barry reveals himself to be the Flash, August creates his own costume and becomes Barry's partner. After they defeat the Black Hole group members, they soon witness more speedsters being born as an another Speed Force storm strikes more citizens.
While rounding and encountering more speedsters Barry learns about a S.T.A.R. Labs scientist named Meena Dhawan who was also super speed from the storm has created a Speed Force training center to help the new speedsters control their powers training the speedsters at S.T.A.R. Labs. After encountering her and Barry began to develop a relationship with each other. However, when Barry and Meena return after recruiting more speedsters, they find an injured August who tells them that a new speedster called 'Godspeed' killed the speedster criminals and took their speed. While Barry and Meena decided to take a 'day off', Godspeed arrives at the training center where he is confronted by Meena. One of the speedster recruits named Avery Ho escapes to get the Flash, Godspeed kills Meena and two of the recruits and takes their speed.
When Godspeed kills Billy Parks, the main suspect in August's brother's murder, Barry realizes that August is Godspeed. Barry confronts him and August reveals that he is indeed Godspeed and has become a murderous vigilante. August reveals that when he was near the speedster criminals, he could feel the Speed Force within them connecting with him. He decided to take their powers from them, resulting in their deaths and August being injured. After realizing that it was possible to siphon another speedster's speed without killing them when he, Barry, Meena and two recruits took Dr. Carver's speed. August tried it again on Meena and the two recruits. However, it garnered the same results as the first time. With his increased speed, August reveals to Barry that he can create a double or himself and be at two places at once, a feat that is limited and takes a physical toll on him.
Barry used this to his advantage and escapes. August proceeded to interrogate the other Black Hole members about his brother's death but killed them all when he received no information. When the speedster recruits safely give their speed to Barry and Wally to stop Godspeed, August arrives and is able to take Avery's speed. Barry chases after Godspeed who reveals that he'll head to Iron Heights and do the one thing Barry couldn't kill his enemies, including Eobard Thawne. However, the new Kid Flash intervenes and helps the Flash in taking down Godspeed, who is later incarcerated in Iron Heights.
Speed of Darkness
One day, at Iris' work, Barry discovered she had been getting mysterious gifts lately. After hearing about an accident on the Keystone Bridge, he immediately ran there. Him and Kid Flash are helping evacuate the bridge when Wally West showed up. When two Wallys touch hands, something happened to the Speed Force and messed with Barry, making him rage. In this state, he tells Kid Flash that Daniel West is actually his father, not uncle. He also yells at Wally, saying that he can't replace him as the Flash. Soon both Wallys succeed in saving Barry. However Kid Flash gets mad at him for keeping the secret he just revealed. Another day, Barry and Wally I meet at hot-dogs to talk. Barry realises that it was him who was sending Iris the flowers. Barry offers Wally to tell Iris about him and his origins, but Wally declines, saying that they can't do this until they find who's behind the missing years. While Barry is jogging with Iris in the park, he's thinking about the 'mysterious force' controlling them. Suddenly, a new villain called Papercut attacks. Barry wants to intervene, but he can't, since Iris is with him. Luckily Kid Flash shows up, though he is distracted by Iris. When situation gets worse, Barry says he's 'going to get the police' and then shows up again as the Flash, defeating Papercut easily. Soon after Barry finds Wally to talk about his activity on his own and alongside Teen Titans. However Wally gets mad at him for talking about trust while not revealing his secret identity to him.
Later that day Barry visited Iris to apologize and talk with Wally about him skipping school. They enter Wally's room only to find out he's not there. Iris tells Barry to go home, however as he knows she's going to look for the Flash, he changes and meets her again in his alter-ego. Iris asks him if he knows where Wally is and Flash says how he told Wally, that he won't train him until he proves he's worth his trust. They get into an argument, when suddenly Shade appears out of his shadow, saying that Kid Flash is lost in the darkness. Iris immediately goes inside Shade and Flash follows. He finds himself in Shadowlands without Iris in sight. When shadows attack him, he is saved by Kid Flash. After Shade appears in his human form and explains how shadows stopped listening to him and took his girlfriend, Hope o'Dare, Flash offers help. When shadows start attacking the three, Flash tells to find Iris and Hope, but Shade says he has already found them and that they became queens of the Shadowlands. Eventually Flash and Kid Flash defeat the shadows together. After Flash and Kid Flash arrive in Tower of Darkness they create a light explosion that brings them all, including Iris and Hope, back to Central City. Then, after a long night, Flash makes up with Kid Flash. Later this day Barry visits Iris in civilian and asks her out for a date.
On Christmas Eve Barry went out with Iris. She gave their phones to the waitress, so nothing work related would interrupt them. While the date didn't go that well, they did share a nice moment at Iris' place thanks to hot chocolate prepared by Wally.
The Rogues want to pull a big last robbery and then retire and never come back to Central City. They have planned this a long time so that it would be idiot-proof that they get away. When Barry starts investigating their disappearance they trick him into leaving Central City. He thinks that they want to rob a museum outside from Central City. While Barry isn't in town they rob and destroy almost all of Central City. When Barry returns he finds Heatwave and tricks him into thinking that he defeated him. The Flash then attacks the Rogues. However Captain Cold uses a new weapon he created which counters the Speed Force. After a long drawn fight Barry comes out as the winner and puts the Rogues in Iron Heights.
While fighting off a group of Samuroids, Barry received a call from Batman, informing him that the radiation from the mysterious button that appeared in the Batcave after the return of Wally West, had spiked and torn a hole in the Speed Force. Barry tells Bruce he will meet him at the cave within a minute. When he arrives he finds Bruce beaten to a pulp lying next to the remains of a dead Reverse Flash.
The Flash looked over Reverse-Flash's corpse and finds that his specific Speed Force signature is all over Thawne, making Barry question if he kills Thawne in the future. Barry talked with Batman, who reveals he saw his father in a vision. Barry then tells Bruce he had also had a vision, but of the Helmet of Mercury instead, and said it had made him feel hopeful. Barry then heads to the Justice League Watchtower, and finds the Cosmic Treadmill, and prepares to use it to track the radiation from the button, but Batman stops him, and forces Barry to bring him along. While traveling throughout the time-stream, they see visions from the New Earth, and land in the Batcave from the Flashpoint timeline, confronting the Flashpoint Batman, Thomas Wayne. Thomas attacks Barry, not believing it is actually Bruce, who is dead in the Flashpoint timeline, but Barry manages to convince Thomas that they are real. Barry is confused at how the Flashpoint timeline still exists and realizes that someone had kept the Flashpoint timeline in place when it should have been reverted from existence after Barry had originally left it. Shortly after, the three are attacked by Amazon and Atlantean soldiers. Thomas and Bruce hold them off while Barry rebuilds the treadmill so they can leave.
After the treadmill is fixed, Barry realizes that the Flashpoint world is starting to become erased from existence. Barry and Bruce board the treadmill, asking Thomas to come with them, although Thomas refuses. Shortly after, Barry and Bruce leave and Thomas is erased from existence, along with the Flashpoint timeline.
After Barry and Bruce begin traveling throughout the time-stream once more, they are confronted by the Reverse-Flash, before he was killed, claiming he knows who holds the true power of the button and is going to face them.
He attempted to warn Thawne about his future death, but Thawne ignored him and went anyway.
After finally getting his attention, Jay was able to break through and use his speed to get Barry, Bruce, and himself out of the timestream and back on Earth.
After getting back on Earth, Jay began slowly fading back into the Speed Force. He introduced himself to Barry, who had no idea who he was, trying to get him to remember him, as he did with Wally West. Jay told Barry that someone took everything from him and he didn't know why. Just before fully fading back into the Speed Force, Barry grabbed Jay's arm and attempted to save him from fading away, although just as he grabbed him, Jay was teleported away by a blinding blue light.
The Color of Fear
Barry drops off Thawne's corpse at the Flash Museum, but is convinced he is not dead. During his birthday party, Multiplex attacks after a girl he was stalking. With help from Hal, Barry defeated Multiplex. At Iris' house, he finds that he was right about Eobard being alive. He finds he kidnapped Iris, took her to the 25th century and severely injured Wally and left him for dead. After dropping Wally off at Star Labs, he went after Eobard.
Barry travels to the 25th century and goes to the Flash Museum. He is then savagely assaulted by Reverse-Flash. He is then savagely beaten and unmasked by Eobard in front of Iris.
Eobard then takes him and Iris to a future where their children are villains. Eobard then offers if Barry would abandon his future with Iris, and go into a place where he will never hurt anyone again, Barry agrees, on the condition that Iris West is returned safely into the 21st Century. Eobard lies to him and says he has his word, and leads the Flash into the Negative Speed Force. He leaves Barry there, telling him that Iris will have no future. Thawne later taunts Iris, asking her to discuss her thoughts, about the future she will never have. Iris ignores him, threatening him with a Speed Force weapon. As soon as Thawne responds to her threat, Barry strikes him with extreme force, telling Thawne that he will kill him.
As Barry became the Negative Flash, he had been concentrated with anger and roughly attacks Thawne. Iris questions his motives, but he tells her to get out of the ruckus with him and the Reverse Flash and continues his fight with Eobard Thawne. While they fight, Thawne attempts to persuade Barry by stating how they are friends and states that they can be partners as he should ditch the loser sidekicks.
Barry angrily yells to his face, that they are not friends, and promptly pushing him back in time and striking Thawne with tremendous force. As they keep fighting, Thawne remarks that he did not always appreciate violence, and the best gift he received is the idea of Barry blaming himself. As Barry gains the upper hand, he smashes Thawne into a part of the Flash museum back into the future and tears his speed out from his body.
As Thawne taunts Barry about how he will be back again and again after losing his speed, while stating that he will eventually gain it back, Iris kills Thawne with the Black Hole's Speed Force weapon, and she asks Barry if he could take her home which he readily accepts. Meanwhile, in the 21st Century, Iris tells Barry to go away, while she waits for Wally to recover with him, and Barry goes back to his crime lab, sitting down ashamed at his desk.
As Flash returned to Central City with its regular criminals, he fought the Road Reapers, who's M.O. was to knock off armored cars while in transit. As he fought the road reapers, the bullets turned to ash because of the Flash's negative Speed Force Aura before they can make contact. Flash's negative speed force aura is unpredictable compared to his regular Speed Force aura at this point. so while he proceeds to rescue the central city police from the road reapers gunshots, he caused their armored truck to explode via his lightning. His powers have become explosive and overkill, due to the infection he received from the Negative Speed Force corrupting his positive Speed Force. At that time the road reapers proceeded to get away. He discovered he feels exhausted after using any type of speed due to the unpredictable and "negative" effects of the Negative Speed Force.
Later, the Flash proceeded to defeat the biker gang and destroyed their bikes with his lightning from his Negative Speed Force aura, he discovered that the bikers were not running from him, but they were running from Shrapnel, who killed them and called the Flash his accomplice. Flash attempted to project lightning bolts at shrapnel, but shrapnel's metallic regenerative abilities proved to persevere against the limited amount of lightning the Flash projected at him. Flash continued to avoid his punches, but eventually let Shrapnel beat him up as he blamed himself for the deaths of the road reapers. Eventually, Shrapnel's whole body exploded enough to contain it due to the Flash's Negative Speed Force Aura building up to explode.
Later, the team at CCPD discovered stolen evidence and blood samples from the place. it was revealed that Ramsey works in the Morn and his job associated with taking precaution and care on dead bodies is related to the stolen blood samples. When Barry went down to the place where the dead bodies were kept, he attempted to help the people who were unconscious, as he passed out from what he thought was exhaustion, but really from Ramsey.
After Barry got into an argument with David Singh and CCPD, he and Kristen proceeded to discuss the evidence, as he calmed down. Eventually, he discovered based on the inquiry in their conversation that someone must be working down in the morgue in order to steal and tamper with the evidence and blood samples. as Barry left to become the Flash, even though it was overkill, he proceeded to stop Ramsey, but was forced to bend his knees down on the floor based on the powers Ramsey used to control his blood, through the use side effects of experimenting with the properties of blood. Ramsey then stated he was going to kill the Flash and the CCPD, but the Flash yelled no and as he did that his powers reacted to his emotions in such a way that a huge bolt of lightning came from his body and struck Ramsey with tremendous force, that he plummeted out of his room, crashed through a wall several yards into the air, and landed with an extraordinary level of invulnerability. With such powers, Flash only then realized that he did not kill Ramsey, and Ramsey proceeded in an intense battle with the Flash, to face him as the blood generating and controlling macabre named Bloodwork.
Return to Normal & Dhawan's Betrayal
When Meena Dhawan suddenly returned she betrayed him and Kid Flash, by working with Black Hole. She extracted the Negative Speed Force from him to get it herself. Apparently she and Black Hole wanted to study the Negative Speed Force. It turned out that the Negative Speed Force slowly tears you apart if you are additionally connected with the Speed Force, but that didn't happen to Barry Allen as Meena Dhawan, who goes by the moniker Negative Flash now, extracted the Negative Speed Force from him.
Dark Nights: Metal
To Barry's horror, Central city is in the middle Speed Force storm, courtesy of the Red Death. He fights the Red Death and is nearly killed before Cyborg saves him.
Cold Days in Hell
Gorilla Grodd returns with an army consisting of the forces of Black Hole, Meenah Dhawan and Raijin. He slows Central City to a snail's pace and steals Barry's powers. He regains his power, but accidentally gives Grodd the ability to control his fellow Speedsters.
During the fight against the Legion of Doom to take the power of the mysterious Totality, Barry, together with Wonder Woman and Aquaman, went on a mission inside the Legion' underwater base. There, they were ambushed by Gorilla Grodd, who thanks to his telepathic powers made Diana and Arthur fight each other, so that he could focus on Barry. Grodd, empowered by the Still Force, an opposite to the Speed Force, was able to slow Barry down and use his own energy to free the black sun Umbrax. As Martian Manhunter and John Stewart were able to turn the whole planet into a White Lantern, Flash was able to harness the Still Force and use it to close the protective membrane separating their Multiverse from Umbrax, saving the Earth.
Later, he was one of the few Leaguers able to fight during the attack of the Triumvirate of Sea Gods, who released a toxin in the water that would transform anyone into a sea monster. Flash was contaminated, but was able to contain the metamorphosis with the Speed Force. He was then cured once the enemy was defeated.
Flash participated in the League's expedition in the Sixth Dimension. Once they were back on Earth, they realized Lex Luthor already turned the Multiverse into a servant of Doom, and was ready to complete the awakening of Perpetua. So, Flash and John Stewart took part on a mission in the past, in the year 1941, to retrieve a shard of the Totality which was lost in time. There, they met the Justice Society of America and Barry, meeting Jason Garrick, felt a strange sensation in his mind and in the Speed Force, even if no one in the present remembered the JSA. Together with their new comrades, Barry and John fought in Pearl Harbor and, thanks also to the return of Aquaman, were able to retrieve the shard of Totality and bring it to the present.
Still, Lex and Perpetua were able to win, even with the League building the Justice Totality. As Perpetua tried to kill all the core members of the League, Barry with the others was saved by the Quintessence, and transported to the Moon. There, they were sent on a journey through time to gather the Anti-Crisis energy, in a last effort to defeat Perpetua, but were unable to win. Coming back to Earth they found out Perpetua chose a new right hand in the Batman who Laughs, and that the evil Batman transformed their planet in his Metalverse.
Heroes in Crisis
While battling Samuroids, Booster Gold tells him about the massacre at Sanctuary and the death of Wally West. Thic cause Barry to run all the way to the Sanctuary to have a look. When he come back to confront Booster,he punches him because of his responsible that lead the apparent death of his nephew.
Death of the Speed Force
The Flash Ages
- Speed Force Conduit: After Barry was struck by a bolt of lightning and doused with chemicals, it created the Speed Force - a mysterious cosmic force that pushes time and space itself forward. After teaching himself along with being trained by Fuerza, his future self, and Max Mercury; Barry learned a greater and more profound understanding of his powers, helping him gain mastery over them. As it does this, the Speed Force creates excess energy that builds up and needs to be released. The Flash is effectively the Speed Force's release valve. When Barry uses his powers, he taps into that built up energy and expends it. Barry is a master of the science of the Speed Force. He has also stated that he can evolve when it comes to the terms of his powers. Barry's connection to the Speed Force even remains intact when traveling to other universes that don't have the Speed Force.
- Superhuman Speed: Barry is capable of moving at incredible superhuman speeds. While running, he can only be perceived as a blur. He is far faster than Superman and Supergirl,  and was fast enough to repair an entire city without anyone realizing he ever left the room. He's so fast in fact time seems to slow down around him, making him appear to be invisible to others within their relative time frame. Barry has stated that he can clear out the entire population of Tokyo (around 38 million people) in only 30 seconds. Barry has also moved fast enough to that of the Shade's shadows, which move at the speed of darkness (speed of light) appeared frozen in time. Flash's speed allows him to generate immense force, allowing him to easily smash through a metal wall of a subway train, as well as send an alien gladiator flying several feet off of the ground. Barry's so fast that even when time is frozen around him, he's still capable of moving. Barry often holds back his speed out of fear of tearing a hole in time and space itself. He also holds back his true potential because he realized, even though he could change the world with his speed. He could never truly be a part of it, for a second feels like days, every breath people take or a meaningful glance lingers for a lifetime, and a moment of regret... is an eternity, for him. According to Superman, he can think 3 moves ahead of most people, except for Barry and Wally themselves, and Superman can move as fast as and react to an attosecond. Barry is one of the two fastest beings on the planet alongside Wally West, though he is still slower than him.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Barry's reaction time is augmented to superhuman levels. His great reflexes have allowed him to perform feats such as dodging lightning. His body sends pain messages to his brain at such a velocity that the femtosecond he feels something, he will react.
- Superhuman Stamina: Barry's body can handle the stress of moving at superhuman speeds for long periods of time without out getting tired or weak. After being pricked by one of Poison Ivy's toxic thorns, he ran at supersonic speed for more than a day, just to keep the toxin from metabolizing into his bloodstream. Even after running in circles for days non-stop, to keep the toxin from taking over; Barry still had enough stamina to run back and rescue Batman.  Barry can maintain a state of vibrating his molecules for hours on end, even without gravity, before passing out.
- Superhuman Agility: Barry's agility, balance, and bodily coordination are enhanced to superhuman levels. This allows him to easily maneuver and leap far distances while moving at superhuman speed.
- Superhuman Strength: The Flash can use his speed to boast his natural strength. He carried the Statue of Mercury, from Central City all the way back to Corto Maltese. Barry was also strong enough to hurl Wally West across a street and into a building, while moving at super speed, as well as pull a van that was carrying ten people, while running at super speed. Barry was also able to easily snap Captain Boomerang's metal boomerangs, just by using his hands.
- Speed Force Aura: The Flash's body is surrounded by a "friction cushion", a field of kinetic absorbent energy that protects him and anyone who is running with or carried by him from the rigorous effects of using his speed. Including friction, airborne particulate matter, heavy impacts, G-Force and the like.
- Superhuman Durability: Thanks to his protective Speed Force aura, Barry is capable of resisting tremendous kinetic impact forces that could easily crush or kill a human, without suffering any serious external or internal injuries. He was able to hit Gorilla Grodd with enough to force to shatter his own armor, and strike Superman hard enough to send him crashing through a wall, both while without sustaining any injury to himself.
- Accelerated Healing: Barry can heal much faster than any regular human. His arm healed within minutes of it being crushed. He was also able to quickly heal from the "bone crushing pressure" and "antagonizing trauma" of being 2,000 feet below the ocean, which dealt extreme damage to his body.
- Aerokinesis: By rotating his arms at super speed or running in a circular motion, Barry can create strong vortexes of wind. He has also used the slipstream of airflow created by his speed to draft millions of gallons of water behind him to keep a small village from flooding, and pull two 600-ton barges behind him.He even managed to save a train from jumping off the tracks by creating a slipstream to carry and cushion it, right before creating a vortex to make it stop. Hawkman stated that when Barry and Wally ran around the world at immense speed, they created winds stronger than he had ever felt over all of his lives.
- Dimensional Travel: When Barry approaches the speed of light he may create dimensional breaches to the Speed Force that he calls "time rifts". These breaches create vortexes that pull things into and out of the timeline, with every step closer to light speed increasing the risk. If Barry runs at light speed he may reach critical mass and open a portal into the Speed Force itself. Using his Speed Mind also enables him to willingly enter and exit the Speed Force, for as Solovar once said "The mind will always be faster". Barry was also able to run into the Negative Speed Force alongside Eobard Thawne.
- Electrokinesis: Barry is able to generate and manipulate the electrical energy he draws from the Speed Force. The heat from Barry's lightning creates a thermal expansion that allows Barry's suit to be stored in his ring. By focusing the lightning in his hands, Barry is able to enhance his strikes, generate lightning to provide people with warmth, as well as electrocute people on contact. When generated at high volumes, Barry's Speed Force energy is powerful enough to disrupt the Green and the Microverse, and even Magic, as well as easily destroy Green Lantern constructs on contact. Barry's electrokinesis is so receptive and potent that he can rejuvenate himself by absorbing lightning from another source, even if it's not from the Speed Force.
- Electro-Blast: By focusing his frequency, Barry can turn his body into a lightning rod, in order to build up a Speed Force charge and redirect it. By doing this, he can project bolts of lightning from his hands. Barry was also able to forcefully discharge a large burst of lightning from his body to knock back Professor Zoom.
- Electromagnetism: Due to his electrical abilities, Barry is able to manipulate the electromagnetic spectrum to some extent. Every time he releases his suit from his ring, the pieces of it are conducted by his lightning to form the suit around him. He can also use his control over magnetism to mentally manipulate the pieces that form his mask and cause them to unravel on command. Barry can also use his lightning to create electromagnetic fields.
- Energy Transformation: When using excess amounts of Speed Force energy, Barry enters a supercharged state where he essentially becomes pure energy. While in this state, Barry's powers are heightened.
- Light Projection: Barry is able to generate blinding amounts of light through his Speed Force lightning.
- Speed Force Absorption: By interlocking energy currents, Barry can drain away the Speed Force or Negative Speed Force, from speedsters who's DNA has not completely bonded to the Speed Force, or other energy sources, such as a Speed Force storm. Though if the one the Speed Force is being stolen from resists, they may be killed, unless the energy is distributed among multiple people. When drained of his Speed Force energy by Daniel West, Barry was able to directly absorb it back.
- Speed Force Negation: By interlocking his Speed Force energy currents with another speedster, Barry is able to temporarily short circuit the other speedsters power.
- Enhanced Mental Process: By tapping into the Speed Force with his brain, Barry can eliminate the natural bottle-necking of information, that occurs due to the limits of human physiology. Because of this, Barry can think exponentially faster than any normal human, and possesses superhuman mental processing. Barry's mind moves so fast that he is heavily resistant to mind control and possesses some resistance to other psychic attacks, because of this. According to Superman, he can think 3 moves ahead of most people, except for Barry and Wally themselves.
- Speed Mind: By tapping into the Speed Force with his brain, Barry has the ability to tactically assess and predict the numerous possible and probable outcomes of most any given situation. By playing advanced variable examinations within his head he can simulate a quick pre-play sequence of a number of causes, effects and inevitable outcomes at an accelerated rate. Barry's speed mind has also allowed him to instantly learn to operate a Green Lantern Ring. Barry can even use the Speed Mind to send his consciousness into the Speed Force to check other timelines, as well.
- Enhanced Senses: The Speed Force grants Barry enhanced senses that allow him to perceive the world at a rate attuned his reaction speed. He can feel the slightest changes in air pressure around him, as well as electromagnetic pulses, in objects such as glass. He can also sense the whereabouts of other Speed Force conduits, by using their connection as a homing beacon and track them.
- Enhanced Vision: Barry was able to vibrate his eyes fast enough in order to "see" the type of hard energy that the monster constructs he was fighting, were made of. Barry also has an expanded sight/seeing range, anything that falls within this seeing range he can see instantaneously from, this means he can see things before the light from them reaches the pupil of his eye. While vibrating at super speed, he even managed to see Golden Glider who appeared invisible to everyone else. Barry can watch camera video feed in fast forward, what may look like a blur to most people, Barry can see each individual image go by frame for frame. Due to his powers, Barry can also see supernatural beings that remain invisible to most people.
- Speed Force Empathy: The Speed Force grants Barry an empathetic connection to other conduits of the Speed Force, allowing Barry to sense their emotions.
- Speed Force Visions: The Speed Force will sometimes give Barry visions of the future as well as tidbits of information in regards to what's coming next. The visions are fast but largely incoherent, piecing together bits and pieces of random upcoming events that have yet to happen while also depicting instants mirroring what led up to various continuity reboots. One of the dangers of this power however, causes acute mental destabilization with each burst of insight; after having a second blast of possible future outcomes making him psychologically unstable.
- Molecular Acceleration: Barry can vibrate his own molecular structure at varying degrees for a number of purposes, by adjusting to different frequencies.As he does that to a high enough degree he causes things to explode. When possessed by the vengeful ghost of the Keystone Killer, Allen was able to turn the tables by adjusting his frequency in order to contain his essence instead. Flash can vibrate so fast as he vibrated 10,000 vibrations per second to destroy a mirror monster created by Mirror Master.
- Intangibility: By accelerating his molecular frequency to a high enough degree, Barry can make his body intangible and allow projectiles to pass through him. Flash can use this ability to bypass dangers, such as explosions.
- Phasing: By vibrating his molecules on an atomic level, and by doing so at just the right frequency, he can allow himself to become momentarily intangible, and phase through objects.
- Invisibility: When vibrating at super speed Barry can render his body unseen by most people.
- Thermokinesis: Barry can use his vibrations to generate heat, especially when it comes to thawing people out of ice or just warming people up.
- Sharing the Force: Barry is able to use the Speed Force to "lend" velocity to objects or people already in motion. Barry may lend his speed and angular momentum to another object or person. This may allow others to run alongside with the Flash. Barry did this with Wallace West by "locking" him in with his speed, granting him the boost needed to move at Barry's speed.
- Speed Steal: Barry admits that he can steal speed from others, but he needs to be in close range in order to do it. When infected by the Negative Speed Force, Barry stole all of Reverse-Flash's speed.
- Time Acceleration: During one of his battles with Professor Zoom, Barry realized that his powers are also connected to the flow of time and that he can move it forward, which allows Barry to speed up time. By speeding up time, Barry was able to negate Zoom's power to slow time. In this instance, this power caused Barry's lightning to turn white. After using the Speed Force to connect with every living being on the planet, Barry was able to speed up time a few seconds into the future and bring everyone with him, in order to defeat the Turtle.
- Time Travel: Barry can use his speed to travel throughout the time stream. While originally needing the cosmic treadmill to time travel, as of his battle with Zoom, Barry is able to time travel without it. Barry has also raced along the borders of hypertime, the part of the time stream where overarching and interconnected web of timelines and realities exist. Because of Barry's ability to travel through time, he has the power to potentially alter the timeline, as he had previously changed it on his own power, during the Flashpoint.
- Cosmic Awareness: Barry has broken the 4th wall.
- Retrocognition: Barry has shown on multiple occasions that he is able to remember certain events erased from his mind. He was able to remember Wally West when he reached out to Barry though the Speed Force, despite his memories of Wally being erased. He was also able to remember his pre-flashpoint history with Eobard Thawne.
- Chemistry: According to Dr. Alchemy, Barry goes down as the Supreme Chemist in history. His knowledge is so great, that he managed to create his own Philosopher's Stone.
- Criminology: Barry graduated from college with a degree in forensic science.
- Forensic Pathology
- Genius Level Intellect: Barry possesses a great knowledge of chemistry and forensic sciences. Barry admitted to having once controlled his mass through vibration to allow the laws of gravity to kick in while hurtling toward space even though he was almost blacked out from oxygen loss because he realized he had reached escape velocity. He was capable of creating his own alloy for the conception of his Flash Ring, whenever he accesses the Speed Force. Along with creating a new element known to few people, called Lighzinium. Barry has shown smart enough to outwit Dr. Alchemy, who possessed the combined knowledge and experience of previous owners who also claimed the title of Dr. Alchemy, themselves. Despite his unique speed, Barry is not above coming up with a plan and/or investigating about a situation ahead of time, before prompting into a fight.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Advanced): Due to him having police training and being trained by Batman and Wonder Woman. Barry became a skilled hand-to-hand combatant. Skilled enough where he managed to beat the likes of Grodd who had the power super speed, Reverse-Flash who had the combined knowledge of all his previous lives and current one, and the Merciless with the aid of his Earth -52 self. 
- Indomitable Will: Barry possesses enough willpower to operate a Green Lantern Ring.
- Investigation: Barry is a master detective, even Batman couldn't tell who was the better detective between the two of them. Superman has stated that Barry is one of the best CSIs and Detectives in the world. He can easily start to paint a picture of a crime scene before even running any tests. Barry was the only one to figure out how to save Simon Baz, when his Green Lantern Ring was infected with the Genie A.I., after Wonder Woman gave him an idea of how to stop Simon. He managed to deduce the location of where several missing children were held at, when trying to solve a child abduction case. He even helped Cyborg sleuth an entire crime scene to scan for any traces of DNA only to come up with nothing. Unlike the rest of the Justice League, Barry was the only one capable of seeing through Batman's lie about a false alarm in the Batplane; when it was in fact a ruse to hide an impending emergency of an attack on Central City's Flash Museum.
- Weaponry: Barry fought alongside the Justice League when they were forced to fight in Mongul's tournament, with a flail and shield. During his time in Iron Heights, Barry temporarily lost his powers and was forced to rely on the Rogues' own weapons to survive and protect others. Barry also once stole a pair of Eskrima Sticks from members of the Mob Rule and blitzed the horde with them. Barry made use of an axe and a short sword before breaking them, when fighting against the champion of the House Priscus. The Flash was also able to keep up with Deathstroke in a sword fight.
- Power Instability: According to Nightwing, the Flash needs room to operate while in a hand-to-hand battle. When an opponent gets in close, Barry's blows are so fast, they could start to land on his own body.
- Vulnerability to Dimensional Bursts: Amanda Waller stated that the Speed Force which fuel Barry Allen's powers can be disrupted by a potent enough extradimensional energy burst. She selected Cisco Ramone as a member of the counter league task force to oppose the Justice League to work against the Flash, as Vibe's powers could disrupt his connection to the force in various ways. This was confirmed to be true as when last they fought, Barry had permanently lost some of his speed due to Vibe's attack.
- Vulnerability to Extreme Temperatures: If Barry is shot, hit, or falls for a trap that includes extreme temperatures of hot or cold. It can affect his durability and/or nullify his Speed Force abilities.
- Vulnerability to EMP: If Barry becomes trapped in containment cell that involves an electromagnetic pulse, he will be unable to vibrate out to escape.
- Barry Allen was created by Robert Kanigher, John Broome, and Carmine Infantino, first appearing in Showcase #4. However, in the Prime Earth continuity, Barry Allen first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Flashpoint (Volume 2) #5 by Geoff Johns and Andy Kubert.
- Flash (Barry Allen) appears as The Flash (Prime) a playable character in the Infinite Crisis video game.
- Barry was named after his grandfather.
- Batman finds Barry to be humble.
- Barry's birthday is May 13th.
- Frankenstein holds Barry in high regard and views him as a warrior.
- Every year during Christmas time, Flash and the Rouges put their issues aside as Barry delivers presents to children all over Central City.
- Appearances of Flash (Barry Allen)
- 2 Images featuring Flash (Barry Allen)
- Quotations by or about Flash (Barry Allen)
- Character Gallery: Flash (Barry Allen)
- Dark Nights: Death Metal Speed Metal #1
- The Flash (Volume 5) #70
- The Flash (Volume 4) #0
- The Flash (Volume 4) #1
- The Flash (Volume 4) #2
- The Flash (Volume 4) #3
- The Flash (Volume 4) #4
- The Flash (Volume 4) #5
- The Flash (Volume 4) #6
- The Flash (Volume 4) #7
- The Flash (Volume 4) #8
- The Flash (Volume 4) #9
- The Flash (Volume 4) #10
- The Flash (Volume 4) #11
- The Flash (Volume 4) #12
- The Flash Annual (Volume 4) #1
- The Flash (Volume 4) #13
- The Flash (Volume 4) #14
- The Flash (Volume 4) #15
- The Flash (Volume 4) #16
- The Flash (Volume 4) #17
- The Flash (Volume 4) #18
- The Flash (Volume 4) #19
- The Flash (Volume 4) #20
- The Flash (Volume 4) #21
- The Flash (Volume 4) #22
- The Flash (Volume 4) #23
- The Flash (Volume 4) #24
- Justice League (Volume 2) #44
- Justice League (Volume 2) #45
- Justice League (Volume 2) #50
- DCU: Rebirth #1
- The Flash: Rebirth (Volume 2) #1
- The Flash (Volume 5) #1
- The Flash (Volume 5) #3
- The Flash (Volume 5) #4
- The Flash (Volume 5) #6
- The Flash (Volume 5) #7
- The Flash (Volume 5) #8
- The Flash (Volume 5) #9
- The Flash (Volume 5) #10
- The Flash (Volume 5) #11
- The Flash (Volume 5) #12
- The Flash (Volume 5) #13
- Batman (Volume 3) #21
- The Flash (Volume 5) #21
- The Flash (Volume 5) #22
- The Flash (Volume 5) #32
- The Flash (Volume 5) #34
- The Flash (Volume 5) #2
- Justice League (Volume 3) #5
- The Flash (Volume 5) #60
- The Flash (Volume 5) #61
- The Flash (Volume 5) #71
- The Flash (Volume 5) #75
- The Flash #759
- The Flash #760
- The Flash (Volume 5) #42
- Justice League/Power Rangers #4
- Black Hammer/Justice League: Hammer of Justice! #3
- The Flash (Volume 4) #26
- Supergirl (Volume 6) #17
- The Flash (Volume 4) #30
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2) #3
- The Flash Annual (Volume 4) #2
- The Flash (Volume 5) #41
- The Flash (Volume 5) #72
- The Flash (Volume 5) #76
- The Flash (Volume 4) #44
- The Flash (Volume 5) #24
- Justice League (Volume 3) #7
- Superman (Volume 5) #6
- Action Comics #1000
- The Flash (Volume 5) #49
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2) #7
- Trinity (Volume 2) #9
- Justice League (Volume 3) #9
- The Flash (Volume 5) #43
- Justice League The Ultimate Guide #1
- The Flash (Volume 5) #17
- The Flash Annual (Volume 5) #3
- Justice League vs. Suicide Squad #2
- Justice League (Volume 2) #3
- The Flash (Volume 4) #27
- The Flash (Volume 4) #32
- The Flash (Volume 5) #26
- The Flash (Volume 4) #47
- The Flash #767
- Justice League: Rebirth #1
- Justice League (Volume 3) #35
- The Flash (Volume 5) #86
- The Flash (Volume 5) #87
- Justice League (Volume 4) #42
- The Flash #756
- The Flash (Volume 5) #44
- The Flash (Volume 5) #40
- The Flash #750
- Justice League vs. Suicide Squad #3
- Justice League Dark #20
- The Flash (Volume 4) #29
- The Flash (Volume 5) #33
- Superboy (Volume 6) #16
- Supergirl (Volume 6) #16
- The Flash (Volume 5) #15
- The Flash (Volume 4) #34
- The Flash (Volume 5) #14
- Justice League/Power Rangers #2
- Justice League (Volume 3) #38
- The Flash (Volume 5) #27
- The Flash (Volume 5) #75
- Batman (Volume 3) #22
- The Flash (Volume 5) #25
- Justice League (Volume 3) #33
- The Flash (Volume 5) #50
- The Flash (Volume 5) #28
- The Flash (Volume 5) #29
- The Flash (Volume 5) #53
- The Flash (Volume 5) #54
- Justice League (Volume 4) #6
- The Flash #764
- The Flash #766
- Secret Origins (Volume 3) #7
- The Flash (Volume 5) #62
- The Flash (Volume 4) #25
- The Flash #763
- The Flash #765
- DC's Beach Blanket Bad Guys Summer Special #1
- Green Arrow (Volume 6) #26
- The Flash (Volume 4) #28
- The Flash (Volume 5) #80
- Justice League: Endless Winter #1
- Dark Nights: Metal #1
- Justice League (Volume 4) #3
- The Flash (Volume 5) #27
- Dark Knights Rising: The Wild Hunt #1
- Justice League of America (Volume 4) #10
- Justice League (Volume 3) #18
- The Flash (Volume 5) #36
- The Flash (Volume 5) #38
- Batman (Volume 3) #65
- Justice League (Volume 4) #23
- The Flash (Volume 5) #64
- The Flash (Volume 5) #65
- Forever Evil #7
- Batman (Volume 3) #64
- The Flash (Volume 5) #18
- Grayson #8
- The Flash (Volume 5) #37
- The Flash (Volume 5) #55
- The Flash (Volume 5) #56
- The Flash (Volume 5) #57
- The Flash (Volume 5) #51
- The Flash #758
- Justice League Dark #21
- DC Rebirth Holiday Special #1
|Flash Family member|
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of The Flash, and a member of the Flash Family of speedsters. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Flash Family members" category.
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.
This project page needs to be cleaned up.
This article needs maintenance and organization, as it may have become cluttered or confusing. Its heart is in a good place, it's just a little special. Won't you please help out an article in need? This template will categorize articles that include it into the Clean Up task category.