Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Flex Mentallo is a superhero who employs the use of his strange power of "Muscle Mystery". He works closely with the Doom Patrol.
After being kidnapped by the Men from N.O.W.H.E.R.E., Mentallo was subjected to a form of torture that, when he escaped, rendered him unable to access his Muscle Mystery anymore. Only after watching the Doom Patrol fight a splinter cell of the Men from N.O.W.H.E.R.E. did Mentallo's powers return to him. After that, he started waiting inside the mysterious, sentient location Dannyland, preparing for when the Doom Patrol would regroup and continue their mission.
After Superman is framed and rendered comatose, Flex Mentallo joined the group of heroes heading towards Mars to confront their mysterious enemy. The heroes meet and engage Doctor Manhattan, but they are easily defeated.
Powers and Abilities
- Muscle Mystery
- Flex Mentallo was created by Grant Morrison, Richard Case, and Frank Quitely, first appearing in Doom Patrol (Volume 6) #. However, in the Prime Earth continuity, Flex Mentallo first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Doom Patrol (Volume 6) #2 by Gerard Way and Nick Derington.
- 20 Appearances of Flex Mentallo (Prime Earth)
- 11 Images featuring Flex Mentallo (Prime Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Flex Mentallo (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Flex Mentallo (Prime Earth)
Doom Patrol member