- Love is a bullet in the brain.
- — Deadshot src
A master sniper, his calling card is to lace his bullets with curare, a deadly poison. He also has the names of his victims, (which include Andrew Diggle) tattooed onto his torso.
He first comes into conflict with the Arrow (then The Hood) when he is hired by businessman Warren Patel to kill his competitors, some of whom Arrow had been targeting himself. He nearly succeeds in killing the Arrow with one of his poisoned bullets. Equipped with a wrist mounted machine gun and a face-mounted targeting device, Deadshot attempts to kill Walter Steele, but instead engages Arrow in a parking garage. Deadshot is defeated when an arrow pierces his targeting device. He is assumed dead, but he survived, and managed to escape capture by unknown means.
Several months later, he is laying low in Bludhaven Apartments, when he is found by China White. Deadshot claims that he has retired, but White says that the Triad needs his ability to kill a target and disappear. As payment, Deadshot is given a new cybernetic targeting device to replace the one that Arrow destroyed. Deadshot attempts to assassinate Malcolm Merlyn, who survives due to the timely intervention of Arrow and Malcolm's son. Deadshot escapes, taking a contract in another country. He is soon pursued by Lyla Michaels of A.R.G.U.S., and John Diggle, who is obsessed with avenging his brother's death. Diggle and Michaels eventually set a trap for Deadshot, which was contingent on the Arrow taking him down. However, with the Arrow preoccupied on other matters, Deadshot easily dispatches the ARGUS agents and corners Diggle. Deadshot spares Diggle only because he had not been paid to kill him, then escapes again.
- Missing Eye: His eye was severely damaged in his first confrontation with the Hood, requiring him to use his high-tech eyepatch to keep up his work.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series The Flash, its tie-in comic book series, and its related television series. It is an adaptation of Deadshot. The original character was created by David Vern Reed and Lew Sayre Schwartz and first appeared in Batman #59.
- Floyd Lawton was portrayed by Michael Rowe.
- 21 Appearances of Floyd Lawton (Arrowverse)
- 6 Images featuring Floyd Lawton (Arrowverse)
- 2 Quotations by or about Floyd Lawton (Arrowverse)
- Character Gallery: Floyd Lawton (Arrowverse)
Suicide Squad member
|Green Arrow Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Green Arrow, or his supporting cast including Black Canary and Team Arrow. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Green Arrow Villains."