Fluxus is a White Martian and one of the eight-such individuals who comprise the super-villain team known as the Hyperclan. Disguised as alleged "heroes" from another world, the Hyperclan sought to turn public opinion against Earth's super-hero populace, in particular, the JLA.
In short order, however, the JLA came to realize that the Hyperclan were not benevolent creatures, but the first wave of a full-scale alien armada intent on conquering the planet.
Fluxus fought against Wonder Woman outside a Hyperclan watchtower in the Atlantic Ocean. Wonder Woman belted him across the jaw, sending him flying out into the middle of the ocean. Fluxus eventually revived and made his way to the Hyperclan headquarters at Z'onn Z'orr.
During a second encounter with the JLA, Batman had learned of the Hyperclan's Martian origins and knew that he could defeat them with fire. Luring various team members into an ambush, Batman executed a series of surgical strikes, incapacitating them including Fluxus.
When the rest of the Hyperclan were defeated, the Martian Manhunter used his powers to wipe their minds and memories, forcing them to assume human forms. Providing them with new identities, he then sent them out to live as productive members of the human race.
- Martian Physiology: The average Martian possesses the potential for the following power set:
- Shape-Shifting: Martians have psionic control of their physical for down to the molecular level. This allows them to a form of shape-shifting that allows them to mimic other forms, elongate aspects of their body, increase or decrease their physical size, and so on.
- Invisibility: Martians can cause the biopolymers in their bodies to lose their ability to reflect light, making the Martians invisible to normal light and human sight.
- Phasing: Martians can go through solid matter.
- Superhuman Durability
- Superhuman Strength
- Superhuman Stamina
- Extrasensory Input
- Super Hearing
- Martian Vision: Martian visual acuity greatly exceed human norms and allows for a wider range of information to be observed. This includes the following:
- Telepathy: Martians have the ability to read the minds of others and project their thoughts to varying degrees. They can also project their mental essences into a gestalt community known as the "Great Mind". Through this, the community can enhance the telepathic strength of other Martians. This power can also enable them to reverse the effects of amnesia or psychological brainwashing. 
- Astral Projection
- Mind Control: As an extension of this, Martians can also use the ability to alter a psychological profile of a target, enabling them to manipulate, and in some cases, outright control that individual. This practice is greatly discouraged however, and only rarely used. 
- Telepathic Relay
- Telepathic Assault
- Although Fluxus had access to all Martian powers, he only demonstrated Shape-Shifting and Superhuman Durability.
- 7 Appearances of Fluxus (New Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Fluxus (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Fluxus (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Fluxus (New Earth)
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Justice League, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Justice League Villains."
|Martian Manhunter Villain(s) |