Evolving from the "micro-life" spread on New Genesis during their war with Apokolips, Forager's people are a society of humanoid bugs that thrive in colonies beneath the surface of the planet. These colonies were ruled by beings known as the Queen-Widow and Prime-One. Considered to be below the New Gods of the floating city, Supertown, the bugs formed a lower class on New Genesis and were sometimes the target of prejudice by the gods. While prejudiced against, they were not subject to systemic oppression and degradation like their counterparts on Apokolips
Although Forager was raised among the insect nation, it is rumored that he is in fact not of their species and may be from the race of gods. When the bug society was threatened, Forager was sent by his colony's rulers to entreat the gods for aid. With help from Orion and Lightray, he prevented the renegade bug Mantis from slaughtering the bug species.
Initially treated as subhuman by the New Gods, particularly the hot-headed Orion, Forager proved himself to be a worthy ally against the forces of Darkseid. He eventually met his end saving the Batman's life and preventing the destruction of Earth from the embodiment of the Anti-Life Equation. Later, Orion carried Forager's body to the Insect empire by the decree of Highfather, and slowly came to respect the warrior and his people.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Basic): He is a skilled fighter, hardened by the bugs' harsh life of hunting and survival.
- Bugs Shield: Forager carries a variety of tools including a shield.
- Adhesive Pads: In addition to his natural abilities Forager has adhesive pads on his gloves and boots that allow him to stick to or climb walls and surfaces.
- Acid-Pods: His signature weapon, acid-pods, allow him to shoot streams of burning acid at his opponents.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 29 Appearances of Forager (New Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Forager (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Forager (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Forager (New Earth)
- Forager at dccomics.com
- Forager at Wikipedia.org
- Forager profile at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
|Jack Kirby's Fourth World |
This character or group of characters are related to Jack Kirby's Fourth World, either the original concept and group of titles by Jack Kirby, or any of their subsequent adaptations by other creators. This template will categorize articles that include it into the Fourth World Characters category.