Frank Boles was a corrupt guard at Arkham Asylum.
Frank has been working at Arkham Asylum for eight years. He has twice been suspended for drinking on the job and regularly holds poker nights in the guard rooms. Frank is desperate to be top dog at Arkham; he fails to recognize that he is considered untrustworthy and generally disliked.
After having the Joker help him out of a previous situation, Boles ultimately finds himself embroiled in Joker's latest scheme to rid Gotham of the Dark Knight. When Joker kidnapped Jason Todd and subjected him to different forms of torture, he had Frank Boles keep an eye on Jason when he couldn't be there. Joker then allowed himself to be captured by the Batman so he could hatch his takeover scheme of Arkham Asylum. Boles put on a convincing act for Batman by showing a distaste for the Joker when he was brought back to Arkham.
When Joker took over Arkham right from under Batman's nose, Boles was instructed to kidnap Commissioner Gordon, to whom he brings into the care of Harley Quinn. Using his knowledge of Boles' past, however, Batman is able to pick up traces of Boles' favorite tipple on the Arkham air and follows it in the hopes that it will lead him not only to Boles but to Gordon himself.
Batman tracked Boles through the Intensive Treatment Center, where Boles betrayed William North and several other Arkham security guards, attempting to draw them away to the front entrance. As several of the guards moved for the exit, Boles shot them dead. With the help of Harley Quinn and an army of Blackgate Prisoners, Boles secured the front entrance of the Intensive Treatment Center.
When Batman eventually did reach the end of the trail to Boles, he finds that the Joker is aware of his actions and has already had the corrupt guard murdered. Frank has been strapped to a prisoner movement handcart with a green smile painted across his mouth and a sign reading "Dead End" chained around his waist.
Powers and Abilities
- Missing Eye: Boles was blind in one of his eyes.
- Temper: As observed in his psychology report, Bole had a violent temper that resulted in many injuries to patients. He harbored an arrogant belief that he was the best guard at Arkham Asylum and used sarcasm to cover up insecurities and failures.
- Frank Boles was voiced by Danny Jacobs.
- 2 Appearances of Frank Boles (Arkhamverse)
- 1 Images featuring Frank Boles (Arkhamverse)
- Quotations by or about Frank Boles (Arkhamverse)
- Character Gallery: Frank Boles (Arkhamverse)