Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Frankenstein's monster was created by Doctor Frankenstein using stolen body parts and the blood of the alien king, Mr. Melmoth. He was kept for months and tortured in the lab but was eventually freed by Doctor Frankensteins wife. he then proceeded to get revenge and kill all the guards in the mansion and Doctor Frankenstein himself. He then took one of their coats and has worn it ever since then.
In the current day, Frankenstein is an agent of S.H.A.D.E. under the command of Father Time (who is now in a schoolgirl's body), but he is now the leader of a new S.H.A.D.E.Net project, the Creature Commandos. Furthermore, Frankenstein had been an active S.H.A.D.E. agent since World War II, and having at least participated in the Korean War and the Vietnam War. The relationship between Frankenstein and the Bride also revealed that they were a loving couple, until an attempt to creating a son through S.H.A.D.E. technology; in which their son, who was very unstable and violent, attacked its mother and forcing Frankenstein to kill his offspring.
- Zombie Physiology: As an undead, Frankenstein is technically immortal, and does not need to eat, drink, or breathe.
- Swordsmanship: Frankenstein is a skilled swordsman.
- Firearms: Frankenstein is a skilled marksman.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Advanced): He also has two lifetimes of experience fighting monsters.
- Power Limitation: Due to his undead state, he cannot heal from major injuries, and thus such injuries would require replacement parts.
- This character is an adaptation of Frankenstein's Monster, a character from the novel Frankenstein by Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley published in 1818. More information can be found in the Wikipedia.org article Frankenstein.
- Frankenstein was created by Grant Morrison and Doug Mahnke, first appearing in Seven Soldiers: Frankenstein #1. However, in the Prime Earth continuity Frankenstein first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Frankenstein, Agent of S.H.A.D.E. #1 by Jeff Lemire and Alberto Ponticelli.
- 112 Appearances of Frankenstein (Prime Earth)
- 64 Images featuring Frankenstein (Prime Earth)
- 13 Quotations by or about Frankenstein (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Frankenstein (Prime Earth)
|Seven Soldiers of Victory member|
This character is or was a member of the Seven Soldiers of Victory, or the Seven Soldiers in any of its various incarnations, created during World War II and later, it returned to battle time-traveling, dimension-spanning mysteries and monsters.
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.