Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Sgt. Rock was a U.S. Army officer during World War II and leader of the legendary Easy Company.
Powers and Abilities
- Firearms: Rock is a crack shot, able to shoot down several German fighter planes with a single submachine gun, and able to throw hand grenades with amazing accuracy.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Advanced): Rock is a highly effective close combat fighter, mostly shown using a style of street fighting mixed with boxing.
- Sgt. Rock was created by Robert Kanigher and Joe Kubert, first appearing in Our Army at War #81. However, in the Prime Earth continuity, Sgt. Rock first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Justice League United #13 by Jeff Parker and Paul Pelletier.
- 20 Appearances of Franklin Rock (Prime Earth)
- 3 Images featuring Franklin Rock (Prime Earth)
- 2 Quotations by or about Franklin Rock (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Franklin Rock (Prime Earth)
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.