"Pamela's Tale": Friday, June 13th, 1979 (afternoon)
- Now look what you've made me do. You made me get my knife all dirty.
Appearing in "Pamela's Tale"
- Pamela Voorhees' jeep
Synopsis for "Pamela's Tale"
Friday, June 13th, 1979 (afternoon)
Annie, realizing that Pamela Voorhees is insane, leaps out of her jeep and tumbles into the woods. Pamela screeches to a halt and gives chase. She quickly catches up to Annie and pins her against a tree. With a deft stroke of her hand, she slices Annie's throat open with a hunting knife.
- June, 1957
- While working at Camp Crystal Lake, Pamela Voorhees receives some disturbing news concerning her son, Jason. Her employer, David Christy, tells her that she should go home to check up on him. Returning to her house, she discovers from her nanny, Mrs. Cunningham, that Jason has tortured and killed a litter of kittens. Pamela coddles her son and tells him that she won't ever let anything hurt him. She telephones Mr. Christy to tell him that she won't be able to work for him any longer. She needs to keep closer attention on Jason. Mr. Christy presents an alternative solution: She can bring Jason to live at the campground while she works.
- One day, while living at the campground, Jason observes two of the counselors, Barry and Claudette, running off into the woods. Curious, Jason follows them and sees them having sex. Something about them enrages Jason and he leaps upon Barry's back and begins pounding on him. Barry, surprised, reflexively backhands him and Jason falls to the ground. Scared, he runs off. Barry chases after him, but Jason jumps into Crystal Lake. Jason cannot swim and drowns in the lake and "dies". Pamela is shattered by the news. Jason was her entire life.
- June, 1958
- A year after her son's unfortunate death, Pamela Voorhees returns to Camp Crystal Lake. She holds all camp counselors responsible for Jason drowning. She finds Barry and Claudette petting in a cabin and stabs them to death.
Friday, June 13th, 1980 (evening)
Pamela Voorhees arrives back at Camp Crystal Lake. Getting out of her jeep, she runs into Alice Hardy. Alice warns her that somebody has been killing people at the campground. Pamela tries to comfort her, saying "I'm not afraid". Alice doesn't realize that Pamela is the one responsible for the murders. Alice doesn't see that Annie's bloody corpse is shoved inside the passenger side of Pamela's jeep.
- The framing sequence for this series borrows from the opening scenes of the 1980 Friday the 13th film.
- Barry and Claudette are the two camp counselors who were killed in the flashback scene from Friday the 13th.
- The cover to this issue combines with the cover to issue #1 to form a composite image.
- The character of Mrs. Cunningham was likely named after Sean Cunningham, the director of Friday the 13th. Cunningham's name has been used in several homages throughout the comics and movies. In Friday the 13th, one of Pamela's victims was named Marcie Cunningham. In Friday the 13th Part 6: Jason Lives, Megan Garris makes a reference to a locale named "Cunningham Road". In Jason Goes to Hell, the setting takes place in Cunningham County.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Friday the 13th: Pamela's Tale Vol 1 2 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Friday the 13th: Pamela's Tale series
- Images from Friday the 13th: Pamela's Tale Vol 1 2
- Friday the 13th
- Friday the 13th: Abuser and the Abused
- Friday the 13th: Bad Land
- Friday the 13th: How I Spent My Summer Vacation
- Friday the 13th: Pamela's Tale
- Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash