Little is known about the huckster known as Funky Flashman before his employment for a man called "Colonel Mockingbird." At his employer's death, Flashman assumed control of his decaying estate and lived in relative comfort until his former-employee's resources were depleted. Funky's only companion was his boot-licking butler, Houseroy, who deluded himself into thinking he'd inherit Flashman's fortune after his death.
Seeking new sources of income, Flashman offered his management skills to the escape artist Mister Miracle. Robbing his employee of Apokoliptian technology was his undoing when its signals led the Female Furies, who were hunting Miracle, to Flashman's estate which they destroyed.
Flashman would later ally himself with the Secret Society of Super-Villains as their public relations officer, a relationship also doomed to failure. Flashman was eventually reduced to petty-ante scams, but is always looking towards the next big score.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- Based on Jack Kirby's former partner Stan Lee. 
- Actually Flashman is bald and unbearded; he wears wig and fake beard.
- 34 Appearances of Funky Flashman (New Earth)
- 4 Images featuring Funky Flashman (New Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Funky Flashman (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Funky Flashman (New Earth)
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Justice League, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Justice League Villains."
Secret Society of Super-Villains member