"Hunt the Batman, Part One: Batman's Land": The synopsis for this issue has not yet been written.
Read beyond this point at your own risk!
- I don't trust you, Jason Todd, but this isn't my call. You volunteered and the brass agreed. So welcome to the Magistrate... Peacekeeper Red...
- — Peacekeeper-03
Synopsis for "Hunt the Batman, Part One: Batman's Land"
Appearing in "Hunt the Batman, Part One: Batman's Land"
- Red Hood/Peacekeeper Red (Jason Todd) (First appearance as Peacekeeper Red)
- Bruce Wayne (Unnamed)
- Peacekeeper-01 (On a TV or computer screen)
- Ventriloquist (First appearance)
- Batman (Jace Fox) (On a TV or computer screen)
- Channel 52 (On a TV or computer screen)
- Bethany Snow (First appearance) (On a TV or computer screen)
- Gotham City Police Department
- Jack Ryder (On a TV or computer screen)
- Lana (First appearance) (On a TV or computer screen)
- Mayor Nakano (On a TV or computer screen)
- Ravager (Flashback only)
- Gotham City
Synopsis for "The Third Mask"
This story is reprinted from Batman: Black and White #4.
Batman chases after a man he's been seeking. The scene flashbacks to the time when Jim Gordon informed him about a recent victim being killed by buried under rubble. The killer was involved in other murders too and the police had initially suspected he had associates since varying tactics were used in the serial killings. Back in present, Batman asks the man who he was chasing and caught up to, about how he's managed to use so much variety in his killings even though he doesn't look someone capable of doing so.
The killer states that like many other people, he has different facets of personality, as he transforms to a raging brute. Batman is unable to overpower him after engaging in a fight and finds him standing at a ledge high above ground after recovering from being knocked away. The killer states that he can understand his split personality since he wears a mask and once someone acquires more than one personality, there's no limit to which they can go. Batman later believing he jumped off the ledge, goes to investigate, but finds he has simply fled.
Later at his manor, Bruce remembers the killer's word about multiple personalities and goes after him after learning he's fighting at Gotham City Gas Utility facility. Meanwhile the cops fire at the killer, but are unable to hit him. As the killer mocks them, he finds Batman coming towards him and stating that he's not Batman.
Appearing in "The Third Mask"
- Batman (Flashback and main story)
- Commissioner Gordon (Flashback and main story)
- Split-personality killer
- Gotham City Police Department (Flashback and main story)