His station and status ended when he bedded a demon, as part of a plan hatched by John Constantine after Gabriel refused to help him with his lung cancer.
His purity gone, Gabriel had become a fallen angel, stripped of his wings, and even heart. He attacked Lucifer Morningstar in the void as per heaven's request, and later then killed God in anger for what else happened to him. Lucifer did not reveal to him that Gabriel was in fact his father's murderer, and that heaven wiped his memory, until Metatron, chancellor of heaven kicked him out a second time. After this realization, Gabriel Hornblower dedicated his service against heaven, and in the service of hell.
- Horn of Gabriel (formerly)
- This character is an adaptation of Gabriel, a character in traditional stories. These include, but may not be limited to religious texts, myth, and/or folk lore. More information on the original can be found at Wikipedia.org.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 17 Appearances of Gabriel (New Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Gabriel (New Earth)
- 2 Quotations by or about Gabriel (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Gabriel (New Earth)
This character exists under the Vertigo Imprint which is intended for Mature Readers. Vertigo titles although they may cross over into regular DC continuity.
This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Vertigo Characters."