Worried of the threat that Superman would cause if he went rogue again, Hamilton joined Project Cadmus and developed Galatea for the purpose of protecting humans from the likes of Superman. Cadmus thought it would be able to keep this project under wraps until Supergirl started having dreams of being chased by the military and hunting down those who knew about her. In reality, Supergirl was sharing memories with Galatea as she was hunting down those who knew about her existence. Supergirl, Green Arrow, and the Question tracked her down to Nuvo-Gen, the place where Galatea was created, and confronted her inside a hologram chamber where she attempted to destroy Supergirl until she was caught in an secretly engineered explosion that destroyed Nuvo-Gen. Supergirl, Green Arrow, and the Question escaped, believing that the clone was destroyed.
Professor Hamilton restored Galatea back to health, and with Lex Luthor's recent hijacking of the Watchtower's massive laser cannon to strike directly at Project Cadmus, making it look like it was the work of the Justice League, Amanda Waller ordered her to lead a strike team of Ultimen clones at the Watchtower itself, using special bore-drill missiles to infiltrate the satellite. While the Ultimen kept most of the Justice League members in the Watchtower busy, Galatea headed straight for the power reactor core to cause it to overload. Steel and Supergirl intercepted Galatea at the reactor core to stop her, which led into another fight between the two Maids of Might, with Galatea boasting of her superior strength compared to Supergirl's. As the power core reboot finished and all systems came back on, Supergirl stopped Galatea for good by electrocuting her, using a live power cable and pinning her to a piece of machinery from which she couldn't escape.
Powers and Abilities
- Cloned Kryptonian: Galatea is a Supergirl clone manipulated to reach her physical prime earlier, being Able to lift over 750 tons for example.
- Kryptonian Physiology: Under the effects of a "yellow" sun, Galatea possesses the same potential powers as an average Kryptonian. These include:
- Solar Energy Absorption: Under optimal conditions, this is the main source of Galatea's super powers as they are contingent upon exposure to solar radiation from a yellow sun star system. Her biological make up includes a number of organs which lack analogues in humans and whose functions are unknown. It is believed that between one or more of these and her bio-cellular matrix, "yellow" solar energy is stored for later use. This allows for the use of these powers to fade when yellow solar radiation is not available instead of immediate failure.
- Heat Vision: Galatea can, as a conscious act, fire beams of intense heat at a target by looking at it. She can vary the heat and area affected.
- Super-Hearing: Galatea's hearing is sensitive enough to hear any sound at any volume or pitch. With skill and concentration, she can block out ambient sounds to focus on a specific source or frequency.
- Enhanced Vision: Galatea's vision processes the entire electromagnetic spectrum as well as allowing vast control over selective perception and focus.
This umbrella ability includes the following:
- Electromagnetic Spectrum Vision: Galatea can see well into most of the electromagnetic spectrum. She can see and identify radio and television signals as well as all other broadcast or transmitted frequencies. Using this ability, she can avoid detection by radar or satellite monitoring methods. This also allows her to see the aura generated by living thing.
- Telescopic Vision: This is the ability to see something at a great distance, without violating the laws of physics. Though limited, the exact extent of the ability is undetermined. In function, it is similar to the zoom lens on a camera.
- X-Ray Vision: This is the ability to see through any volume of matter except lead. Galateas can see things behind a solid, opaque object as if it were not there. She can focus this ability to "peel back" layers of an object, allowing hidden image or inner workings to be observed. The exact type of energy perceived—such as x-rays, cosmic rays, or some other energy invisible to normal humans—is unclear. This ability perceives an ambient energy source though, it does not involve the eye projecting a concentrated, possibly toxic, beam to be reflected back from objects.
- Microscopic Vision: This is the ability to see extremely small objects and images down to the atomic level.
- Infrared Vision: Galatea can see with better acuity in darkness, and to a degree in total darkness.
- Flight: Galatea is able to manipulate graviton particles to defy the forces of gravity and achieve flight. This ranges from hovering to moving in any posture, in any direction.
- Invulnerability: Due to the interaction of her dense molecular structure and supercharged bio-electric aura, Galatea is nigh-invulnerable to extreme energy forces. In addition, her extends this protection against toxins and diseases.
- Superhuman Stamina: Galatea is able to maintain continuous strenuous physical action for an indefinite period of time. This based on her body converting yellow solar radiation directly to energy, but is limited by physiological and psychological needs to eat, drink, and sleep.
- Superhuman Strength: Galatea's strength is augmented by yellow solar radiation interacting with the greater than human density, resilience and biological efficiency of her musculature. Her strength is more an act of conscious will on energy fields than actual physical strength. It is this act of conscious will that enables her to perform physical feats that are beyond the mere application force, such as moving a mountain top without said rock crumbling under its own mass.
- Superhuman Speed: Galatea is able to move at incredible speed by sheer force of will. This extends to her perceptions and allows for feats such as catching bullets in mid flight as well as covering vast distances in little or no time.
This also confers:
- Super-Breath: Galatea is able to create hurricane force winds by exhaling air from her lungs. She can chill the air as it leaves her lungs to freeze targets. She can also reverse the process to pull large volumes of air or vapor into her lungs.
- Longevity: Galatea can live longer than regular humans, remaining at her prime as long as she was under the exposure of the "yellow" sun.
- Kryptonian Physiology: Under the effects of a "yellow" sun, Galatea possesses the same potential weaknesses as an average Kryptonian. These include:
- Galatea was voiced by Nicholle Tom.
- Galatea's more mature physical appearance and outfit is based on that of Supergirl's dimensional counterpart Power Girl. Karen Starr/Power Girl appeared in Justice League Unlimited Vol 1. It is unclear if Galatea and the DCAU Power Girl are connected.
- Galatea prefers to be called Tea.
- Galatea's background is also reminiscent to that of the Superboy introduced by DC Comics in 1993, who is also a clone (of Superman) created by Project Cadmus.
- 3 Appearances of Galatea (DCAU)
- 1 Images featuring Galatea (DCAU)
- Quotations by or about Galatea (DCAU)
- Character Gallery: Galatea (DCAU)
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Justice League, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Justice League Villains."
|Supergirl Villain(s) |