Galaxy Communications is one of the world's leading telecommunications companies and a major economic engine of both Metropolis and the United States.
Galaxy Communications also supplies cable service and phone service to customers in Metropolis. It has a broadband division that supplies Americans with cable and digital television services, and also produces several periodicals and books through its subsidiary Galaxy Publishing.
Originally spearheaded by Morgan Edge, an article by Daily Planet reporter Clark Kent revealed that Edge was also in command of Intergang, one of Metropolis's most notorious criminal organizations. This eventually led to Morgan's father Vincent Edge taking over Galaxy Communication. However, he too was ousted from the corporation, as it was exposed that he continuously made Catherine Grant the victim of repeated sexual harassment.
Galaxy Communications shares a loose alliance with The Daily Planet, as they are two of the leading centers for truth and accuracy throughout the city's media. They are aggressively opposed by LexCorp, which operates WLEX-TV, a major television station in Metropolis; and LexCom, an internet site that serves as a digital news center. As it is offered over the internet, LexCom has a great access to mainstream America, minus the costs of publishing. LexCorp's owner, Lex Luthor, manipulates nearly two-thirds of Metropolis business. Galaxy Communications stands as the leading major media empire which provides the citizens of Metropolis with information and entertainment.
- Galaxy Broadcasting System
- A television media empire owned by Morgan Edge as a subsidiary of the larger Galaxy Communications conglomerate. Based out of Metropolis, its primary news service is WGBS News.
- Galaxy Publishing
- Galaxy Communications' publisher that produces several periodicals and books.
- In Pre-Crisis continuity, Galaxy Communications eventually owned the Daily Planet, as seen by the G logo that appears on top of the Daily Planet building.
- 204 Appearances of Galaxy Communications
- 4 Images that include Galaxy Communications
- Organization Gallery: Galaxy Communications