Galius Zed was quick-tempered and outspoken member of the Green Lantern Corps who was always first to volunteer for a mission. His teammates are inspired by his passion and determination in battle. Physically, he distinguished himself from other Lanterns by his over-sized cranium which comprised the bulk of his body mass. Like others of his race, Galius Zed did not possess a chest or abdominal area and his arms and legs extended directly from his head. He also had a third leg which protrudes from the back of his enormous head.
Always eager for a fight, Galius Zed believed the Guardians had betrayed the Green Lantern Corps when he learned of the existence of a special Oan power ring which was impervious to the color yellow. He recalled all of the good Corps members who had died due to weaponry colored yellow and personally held the Guardians accountable for failing to provide them with adequate protection.
Galius Zed once journeyed to the planet Earth of sector 2814 to drive off an alien crime syndicate. However, Hal Jordan, one of the Lanterns assigned to that sector, felt Galius was invading his jurisdiction. Even though they once teamed up in the war against the renegade Guardian Krona, there is still animosity between the two.
He was murdered, and rose again during the Blackest Night.
- Noc'sagian Physiology: Galius Zed comes from a race of beings who live on a high gravity planet in a high intensity galaxy. Such incredible pressure makes Galius and his people immensely powerful bodies despite their appearances.
- Flight: Via Power Ring.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- Zed's constructs are quick and powerful, they spring forth from his ring in quick whips and beams. He never spends too much time thinking of a elaborate creation.
- 27 Appearances of Galius Zed (New Earth)
- 5 Images featuring Galius Zed (New Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Galius Zed (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Galius Zed (New Earth)
|Green Lantern Corps member|
This character is or was a member of the Green Lantern Corps, chosen by the Guardians of the Universe to act as their sector's Green Lantern and to protect it from interstellar threats with a Power Ring.
This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Green Lantern Corps members category."
|Black Lantern Corps member|
This character is or was a member of the Black Lantern Corps. Those who have died may wield the Black Power Ring, symbolizing their lack of both life and emotion.
This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Black Lantern Corps members category."