Son of adversarial Atlantean mages Calculha and Majistra, Garn Daanuth was a master of dark magics whose skin was drained of color when he tried to help his mother destroy Atlantis many millennia ago. Thwarted by his brother Arion, Garn blamed him for Majistra's demise, sparking a family feud lasting for over 100,000 years of magical clashes between the siblings.
Garn claimed to have emerged from suspended animation in modern times, but seemingly died when the Justice League of America stopped him from raising Atlantis.
- Enhanced Physiology: Due to being born from two Atlantean deities, Garn possess a unique physiology that allows for him to perform magic seemingly without undue stress at his prime.
- Cosmic Awareness: Garn's senses are acute enough allow him to sense imminent danger towards himself even days before it's occurrence.
- Magic: Being able to perform magic due to his heritage, he was trained by his mother into becoming a master of dark magic, ancient Atlantean magics (powered by stellar energies), and possessed near unlimited magical energy in his prime.
- Darkworld Empowerment: Due to his connection to Darkworld, he was able to possess near unlimited magical energy when acting as his main source.
- Summoning: Garn can summon other Dark Gods of Atlantis at will.
- Invulnerability: While using dark magic, Garn is seemingly impervious to being killed or permanently injured via physical means (such as a sword).
- Astral Projection: Garn Daanuth could separate his spirit from his body and have his astral duplicate function independently of his corporeal form.
- Energy Projection: Garn Daanuth could hurl bolts of mystic energy from his hands.
- Flight: Garn Daanuth could use his magic to defy gravity and fly through the air without the need for wings or mechanical appliances.
- Mind Control: Garn Daanuth could manipulate the conscious minds of other people.
- Superhuman Strength
- Weather Manipulation
- Darkness Manipulation
- Energy Absorption: Like his brother, Garn can perform magic by pulling stellar energy from the stars, giving him a potent source.
- Power Distribution
- Energy Projection
- Animal Control
- Occultism: Due to his immortality, Garn amassed a great amount of power in his thousand years of study towards magic and was one of the most powerful sorcerers in Atlantis, second to Arion.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Basic)
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- Garth believed that he was possibly a descendant of Garn Daanuth, given his mystic heritage and the fact his own name is a corruption of Garn Daanuth.
- 29 Appearances of Garn Daanuth (New Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Garn Daanuth (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Garn Daanuth (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Garn Daanuth (New Earth)
- Daanuth at dccomics.com
- Daanuth at Wikipedia.org
- Who's Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe IX
- ↑ Warlord #61
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 Arion the Immortal #3
- ↑ Arion Lord of Atlantis #4
- ↑ Arion Lord of Atlantis #12
- ↑ Arion Lord of Atlantis #7
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 6.4 Justice League of America #217
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 7.4 7.5 DC Comics Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- ↑ Arion Lord of Atlantis #19
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 9.3 9.4 Arion Lord of Atlantis #18
- ↑ Arion Lord of Atlantis #22
- ↑ Teen Titans Spotlight #10