|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Starman (comics). The list of authors can be seen in the page history. The text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.|
This page is similar in name to other pages.
Prince Gavyn was the spoiled blond playboy prince of an alien empire who discovered he was a mutant who could survive unaided in space. By ancient royal custom, he was thrown out of an spaceship airlock to prevent him from challenging his more mature sister's claim to the leadership of the imperial planet Throneworld. He was given jeweled wristbands and a staff by the mysterious mystic M'ntorr which allowed him to channel his cosmic powers into the ability to fly and shoot bolts of energy. He kept his true identity a secret and served as a masked protector of the realm, but after the assassination of his sister only one year into her reign he became ruler of their people. He was believed to have died in the Crisis on Infinite Earths, but his fate was far different.
It was revealed that Gavyn was converted into pure energy, which became the source of the beam of light that struck Will Payton, a later Starman, granting him his powers. It is currently unclear whether the two men, Gavyn and Payton, fused into one being with shared memories or if Payton was killed by the bolt that struck him and was replaced by the essence of Gavyn with Payton's memories.
- Leadership: Gavyn is the hereditary ruler of his homeplanet.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 47 Appearances of Gavyn (New Earth)
- 7 Images featuring Gavyn (New Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Gavyn (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Gavyn (New Earth)