When Gemma was ten-years-old, her parents Tony and Cheryl converted to the puritanical faith of Elder Martin and his Resurrection Crusaders. As missionaries, the Masters sold Pyramid prayer books to the locals of Merseyside. Gemma grew frustrated with her parents' strange behavior and ran away from home. She found three girls, only a few years older than she, who professed to be the Brides of "The Man". The Man was in fact an agent of the Damnation Army. The girls took Gemma in, and brainwashed her into becoming The Man's newest bride. Gemma's uncle John Constantine learned that his niece had disappeared and worked with a young woman named Zed to track her down. They discovered the Man's wedding chapel, and John rescued Gemma before she could come to any harm.
- Gemma was born in 1978. As characters in Hellblazer (Volume 1) aged in real time, she was 10 years old in Hellblazer #4 (1988) and 20 in Hellblazer #131 (1998).
- 17 Appearances of Gemma Masters (New Earth)
- 8 Images featuring Gemma Masters (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Gemma Masters (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Gemma Masters (New Earth)
This character exists under the Vertigo Imprint which is intended for Mature Readers. Vertigo titles although they may cross over into regular DC continuity.
This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Vertigo Characters."