Understanding that the Secret Society of Super Villains needed a major weapon strong enough to kill members of the Justice League of America, Dr. Barbara Minerva agreed to use a plan initially thought of by team member T. O. Morrow. She had Dr. Morrow gather the scientists within the team to collect soil samples from various regions of Earth where acts of genocide took place over the past 100 years. (1908–2008) They used the soil to empower the dead body of Wonder Woman, stolen from the future, to create the sadist villain Genocide, which was brought to life through a combination of science and the magic of Felix Faust.
Dr. Minerva initially set Genocide loose at a shopping mall in downtown Washington D.C. to draw the Justice League's attention. The Department of Metahuman Affairs dispatched a team of agents, which included Agent Diana Prince to investigate the disturbance. After changing into her super powered alter ego, Genocide beat Wonder Woman to the point of near death and stole her Lasso of Truth. After having the Lasso surgically grafted into her body by the Crime Doctor, Genocide was sent to the home base of the D.M.A. to retrieve the captive Doctor Psycho. She slaughtered nearly everyone there before being attacked by the Justice League of America, and she quickly defeated John Stewart, Firestorm and Red Tornado.
Upon learning the truth about Genocide from Athena, Wonder Woman ripped the Magic Lasso from Genocide's body and defeated her by dragging her into the depths of the Atlantic Ocean. Poseidon's son Euphemus later retrieved Genocide's body and brought it to Ares. While healing Genocide's body, Ares placed Genocide's soul into a demon child doll and gave it to Alkyone. The doll was later destroyed as a sacrifice by the Circle as a way to transfer the power and dark spirit of Genocide into each of their bodies and endow them with godly power.
- Amazonian Physiology: The Amazons are a race of warrior women that have received gifts and blessings from five Olympian goddesses: Artemis, Athena, Demeter, Hestia and Aphrodite. The average Amazon possesses the potential for the following power set:
- Enhanced Intellect: A gift from Athena, the Amazons have the wisdom to be guided by peace and justice.
- Superhuman Strength
- Superhuman Durability
- Superhuman Stamina
- Superhuman Agility
- Immortality: The Amazons were gifted immortality. The people of Themyscira lived forever, though could be killed in war or in an accident. Those who followed Antiope and Phthia and became the Bana-Mighdall lost their immortality.
- Self-Sustenance: So long as the Amazons stay on Themyscira, she does not require food, water or any other form of nourishment to maintain her health and vitality. Although they are not susceptible to the throes of hunger, this does not mean that Amazons don't consume food for enjoyment. The Amazons frequently hold great festivals wherupon food is served.
- Lasso of Truth: Genocide has Wonder Woman's Lasso of Truth (Kalos Alétheias) woven into her shoulders, arms, and back. She uses the lasso not only for its truth-telling abilities, but also to directly attack people's souls.
- 9 Appearances of Genocide (New Earth)
- 3 Images featuring Genocide (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Genocide (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Genocide (New Earth)
|Wonder Woman Villain(s)|
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Wonder Woman and the Amazons in any of her various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Wonder Woman Villains category."
Secret Society of Super-Villains member
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Genocide (comics). The list of authors can be seen in the page history. The text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.|