Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
- I may have been betrayed by my country, but it's still the best in the world.
- — The Hood src
Main article: Batman Incorporated
The Hood became involved with a British espionage concern known as The Agency, "Her Majesty's Super-secret Service", headed by a man codenamed "Matron". He donated the bulk of salary to charitable causes. When Batman, Inc was formed, his employers positioned him to be invited to the group, hoping to use him as a mole. However, he used the Agency's computers to help Batman track on Doctor Dedalus, in the process discovering the Agency's connection to Spyral, Dedalus' old organization. In the process he was himself betrayed by the Agency and left for dead.
After the dissolution of Batman Incorporated, Hood resumes his status as an operative of Spyral, going under the alias of Agent 24. On one of his missions, he was sent to recover a black market bio-weapon, but sustained injuries leading to the loss of several toes and fingers. Agent 37 and Matron are sent to resume his task.
Powers and Abilities
- The Hood was created by Alan Grant and Bret Blevins, first appearing in Batman: Shadow of the Bat #21. However, in the Prime Earth continuity, The Hood first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Batman Incorporated (Volume 2) #1 by Grant Morrison and Chris Burnham.
- 17 Appearances of George Cross (Prime Earth)
- 3 Images featuring George Cross (Prime Earth)
- 2 Quotations by or about George Cross (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: George Cross (Prime Earth)
|Batman Family member |
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of Batman, and a member of the Batman Family. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Batman Family members" category.