Mobster George “Boss” Dyke was executed in the gas chamber, but had his brain transplanted into the body of a gorilla. The Gorilla Boss of Gotham fought Batman twice. Later, the alien villain Sinestro stole the Boss' cerebellum, expanded it to planet-size, and used it as a power source. This unnatural abomination was destroyed by Superman. Somehow, the Boss' brain was returned to his gorilla body and he was used as a pawn by Gorilla Grodd.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-Two era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and no longer apply.
- While Batman #75, which published this character's first appearance, is nearly always considered to be part of the Earth-Two continuity period, that specific story is referenced much later in 1978's World's Finest #251 and 1979's World's Finest #254, making George Dyke an Earth-One character. Most indexers consider that story an early occurrence of Earth-One continuity, even though the other stories in the same issue and those immediately following are considered part of Earth-Two continuity.
- 8 Appearances of George Dyke (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring George Dyke (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about George Dyke (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: George Dyke (New Earth)
|Superman Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Superman in any of his various incarnations, or members of the Superman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Superman Villains category."