- Y'know what they say about the crazy ones.
- — Captain Boomerang src
George "Digger" Harkness, better known as "Captain Boomerang", was a slimy and cowardly member of the Suicide Squad. His primary weapon is the boomerang; he was a wide arsenal with specially adapted versions.
Digger Harkness was raised in poverty in the Australian town of Kurrumburra, the illegitimate child of an Australian woman and an American toy manufacturer. Harkness learned early how to develop boomerangs into weapons. After a string of bank robberies and jewelry heists that made him a notorious criminal in Australia, he moved to the United States in search of new targets. His activities brought him to the attention of the Flash, who eventually apprehended him. He was later transferred to Belle Reve and recruited as a member of Task Force X, by Amanda Waller.
He accompanied the Force in taking down Enchantress and Incubus, but in the end did nothing helpful and thus didn't have his sentence shortened like the rest of the members when the mission was over, instead being returned to Belle Reve with no change to his time or privileges.
Powers and Abilities
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the DC Extended Universe and is an adaptation of Captain Boomerang. The original character was created by John Broome and Carmine Infantino and first appeared in The Flash #117.
- Captain Boomerang was portrayed by Jai Courtney.
- On the Suicide Squad website, George's birthday is listed as December 9, 1985. However, in the film, his birthday is listed as September 12, 1985 on Amanda Waller's file.
- 3 Appearances of George Harkness (DC Extended Universe)
- 5 Images featuring George Harkness (DC Extended Universe)
- 1 Quotations by or about George Harkness (DC Extended Universe)
- Character Gallery: George Harkness (DC Extended Universe)
Suicide Squad member