Shortly after Clark Kent moved from Smallville to attend college, Taylor assigned White to get a story proving that Superboy was active in Metropolis. Taylor and White were proven correct and welcomed Superboy to their city.
A few years later, Taylor turned 65 and was forced to retire from the Planet. Perry White succeeded him.
- George Taylor originally appeared in Earth-Two continuity in Action Comics #1 by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster. He was introduced in Earth-One continuity in Superman #366 by Bob Rozakis and Kurt Schaffenberger.
- This version of George Taylor, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 3 Appearances of George Taylor (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring George Taylor (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about George Taylor (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: George Taylor (Earth-One)
Daily Planet Staff member