Dr. Gerald Crane was a teacher obsessed with fears. His research turned him to crime.
Crane was a biology teacher in Gotham City whose wife was killed in a fire when he was too afraid to save her. Wanting to overcome his fears, Crane began to kill people in order to use their adrenaline glands for a fear toxin he was designing that forced someone to face their greatest fears.
After testing the toxin out on his son Jonathan, Dr. Crane's location was discovered by police and, in the raid, Crane was shot dead.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series Gotham and is an adaptation of Gerald Crane. The original character was created by Bruce Jones and Sean Murphy and first appeared in Year One: Batman/Scarecrow #2.
- Gerald Crane was portrayed by Julian Sands.
- 3 Appearances of Gerald Crane (Gotham)
- 2 Images featuring Gerald Crane (Gotham)
- Quotations by or about Gerald Crane (Gotham)
- Character Gallery: Gerald Crane (Gotham)