A member of the original group of Female Furies, Gilotina was later bumped to a junior member and worked with the other younger members of the group: Malice Vundabar, Speed Queen, and Bloody Mary. Gilotina had the ability to chop through anything with her hands, hence the name, but is armed with battle swords. She was eventually abandoned by the Furies after a failed mission, and joined Project Cadmus. A short time later she rejoined the Furies.
Rejoining the Furies she was able to rise in their ranks. As field leader of a team of Furies, Gilotina was put in charge of testing a new potential recruit named Precious. She and the Furies battled Precious, but Precious proved unworthy and was quickly slain. After the abduction of Supergirl, Gilotina led a team of Furies into battle against former leader Big Barda and her ally Wonder Woman. After their defeat it is unknown what became of her team of Furies.
- New God Physiology: The beings of Apokolips call themselves Gods and live outside of normal time and space in a realm called the Fourth World. These New Gods have evolved due to their close proximity to the Source, a primeval energy, believed to be one of the ultimate foundations of the Universal Expression of Energy, along with their superior technology, into beings of genetic stability and evolutionary perfection. The denizens of New Genesis are immortal, stronger, faster, and smarter than homo sapiens, despite their resemblance.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 21 Appearances of Gilotina (New Earth)
- 6 Images featuring Gilotina (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Gilotina (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Gilotina (New Earth)
|Jack Kirby's Fourth World |
This character or group of characters are related to Jack Kirby's Fourth World, either the original concept and group of titles by Jack Kirby, or any of their subsequent adaptations by other creators. This template will categorize articles that include it into the Fourth World Characters category.