Glob and his associate Brute are nightmares native to the realm known as the Dreaming.
Following the disappearance of the dream lord Morpheus, they set themselves up in a place called the 'Dream stream' which they created within the mind of a young boy named Jed Walker, drawing in first scientist Garrett Sanford and then the late Hector Hall to take on the role of their 'master', the Sandman. When the real Sandman (Morpheus) returned, Glob and Brute were returned to the Dreaming.
Waking the Sandman
Glob, along with Brute escaped their punishment at some point and brainwashed Sanderson Hawkins into becoming the new Sandman after a battle with Mordru put Hawkins into a limbo state with part of his mind stuck in the Dreaming. Hawkins was later saved by the JSA and after a battle with Doctor Fate and Fury, Brute and Glob were imprisoned once again.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- Although Glob was created prior to the formation of DC Comics' Vertigo imprint, he has been retroactively placed into the Vertigo family of characters.
- 20 Appearances of Glob of the Dreaming (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Glob of the Dreaming (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Glob of the Dreaming (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Glob of the Dreaming (New Earth)