Gold is a liquid metal robot made of gold with almost limitless shape shifting abilities. He was designed by Dr. William Magnus a brilliant robotic expert along with along with five other robots Platinum, Mercury, Iron, Tin and Lead. These robots were known as the Metal Men.
Together, Gold and the Metal Men embarked on a variety of adventures, their specialty fighting monsters spawned from weird science. Though the Metal Men were repeatedly destroyed, Magnus was always able to rebuild them.
Gold is considered one of the smartest of the Metal Men and the acknowledged leader of the group in Doc Magnus's absence. Gold is calm and methodical and quick to praise the other members of the Metal Men and to use the group to the best of their abilities. Gold often has to keep the peace between the fiery Platinum and the temperamental Mercury.
- Elasticity:Gold could stretch his body to great lengths and was an excellent electrical conductor.
- Superhuman Durability: Gold does not react with most chemicals but is attacked by chlorine, fluorine, aqua regia and cyanide.
- Chemistry: Gold is an expert in the field of chemistry as it relates to the element of Gold.
- Due to his makeup, Gold can dissolve in mercury.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- Metal Men Recommended Reading
- 164 Appearances of Gold (New Earth)
- 25 Images featuring Gold (New Earth)
- 2 Quotations by or about Gold (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Gold (New Earth)
|Metal Men member|