Gold Girl is a liquid metal robot made of Gold with almost limitless shape shifting abbilities.
She was designed by Dr. William Magnus a brilliant robotic expert.
She was created along with the other Metal Women as the Metal Men wished that they wish they had girlfriends, just like Tin has Nameless. Tina also agrees a boyfriend might take her mind off her effections for Doc Magnus. Doc Magnus creates opposite-sex duplicates of the Metal Men. But they're more independently minded than the Metal Men had hoped for.
The Metal Women certainly don't want to be slavishly devoted to their male counterparts, and Platinum Man is more in love with himself than he is with Tina. The Metal Women along with Nameless show they're just as good as the originals by smashing a runaway robot tank.
The tank was the forerunner of invading Robot Amazons, who create a cute girl robot who's an alloy of all the Metal Men's metals. The robot girl lures the Metal Men into a trap, and the Metal Women have to rescue them. They defeat the Amazon Robots, but a lava vein opens and the Metal Women sacrifice themselves to save the Metal Men.
- Elasticity:Gold could stretch her body to great lengths and was an excellent electrical conductor.
- Superhuman Durability: Gold does not react with most chemicals but is attacked by chlorine, fluorine, aqua regia and cyanide.
- Chemistry: Gold is an expert in the field of chemistry as it relates to the element of Gold.
Gold dissolves in Mercury
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- Metal Men Recommended Reading
- 2 Appearances of Gold Girl (New Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Gold Girl (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Gold Girl (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Gold Girl (New Earth)