- Hell is empty... and all the devils are here! O, Misery!
- — Katherine Karlo as Clayface
Appearing in "The Cursed Play"
- Clayface (Mentioned only)
Synopsis for "The Cursed Play"
With the theatre on fire, Olive and Pomeline escape onto the street alongside director Simon Trent and Katherine who offers to act for him as the others fled in the fire but she is interrupted by Olive who steals Trent away.
At the dress rehearsal the team practice the play until the lighting disrupts the show, inside the lighting booth Eric Jørgensen sits scared after having witnessed the Phantom but Olive stops him and reveals that it may have been her mother. Noticing a muddy trail, Colton leads them to a flat wall.
At a meeting with Strange Olive reveals her anger about her mother but his advice is merely to stop working on the play. Later, during her monologue, Olive notices more orange mud falling from the rafters and soon after it a light nearly crushes her. They follow the Phantom backstage but find nothing except a cloak more mud and a map that only someone very close to Maps could have taken, such as her roommate Katherine.
In Maps' room they find a horrifically deformed Katherine who rushes out the window as an orange mud while Pomeline finds a shrine build against Simon Trent. Back on stage, Katherine reveals her true identity as the "daughter" of Clayface but having been caught up in a battle of Shakespearean wits a hosepipe spray from Olive and Maps knocks the villain down and reveals Katherine curled into a ball. The girls promise to help Katherine but Pomeline shocks them with a newspaper claiming Calamity has returned to Gotham City.
- No special notes.
- During the face-off between Clayface and Trent, the two use several Shakespeare quotes from Othello, Hamlet and others against one-another. Similarly the play that the Detective Club are performing is Macbeth.
- Discuss Gotham Academy Vol 1 10 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Gotham Academy series
- Images from Gotham Academy Vol 1 10