Granny Goodness was the most brutal of caregivers on the planet Apokolips, who ran an "orphanage" to train hardened soldiers for Darkseid's army. One of her students, Scott Free, proved to be rather resistant and rebellious to her methods, even to the point where he risked his life escaping from the "orphanage".
In her first appearance on Earth, she brainwashed street children and tok them in as members of Intergang. Jimmy Olsen and Supergirl attempted to infiltrate the revamped Intergang. Suspicious, Granny ordered Intergang to take them down. She summoned the Female Furies to take executive action when Supergirl proved too true to her Argosian roots to be defeated that easily.
During the rehersal od one of Mister Miracle's stunts, Granny Goodness kidnapped Oberon and placed him in her orphanage under "special care". She used this as leverage to blackmail Mister Miracle and Big Barda into freeing Darkseid's son Kalibak from the dangerious X-Pie where Virman Vundabar had imprisoned him.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the DC Animated Universe and is an adaptation of Granny Goodness. The original character was created by Jack Kirby and first appeared in Mister Miracle #2.
- Granny Goodness was voiced by Ed Asner.
- 17 Appearances of Granny Goodness (DCAU)
- 2 Images featuring Granny Goodness (DCAU)
- 2 Quotations by or about Granny Goodness (DCAU)
- Character Gallery: Granny Goodness (DCAU)
|Jack Kirby's Fourth World |
This character or group of characters are related to Jack Kirby's Fourth World, either the original concept and group of titles by Jack Kirby, or any of their subsequent adaptations by other creators. This template will categorize articles that include it into the Fourth World Characters category.
|Superman Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Superman in any of his various incarnations, or members of the Superman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Superman Villains category."