Grant Slade Wilson grew up idolizing Deathstroke (Slade Wilson), although he was unaware that the mercenary was his father, because his parents had been separated. Grant attended military school and later moved to NYC, at which point he began falling in with members of H.I.V.E. His new friends and his constant infidelity threatened his relationship with girlfriend Carol Sladky.
The final straw came when Starfire crashed into his apartment, and his living space was destroyed by Gordanians who were hunting the alien princess. The New Teen Titans fended off the Gordanians, but Grant blamed them for both destroying his apartment and convincing Carol to leave him.
In a bid for revenge he allowed H.I.V.E. scientists to give him powers that were identical to those of Deathstroke. Now known as Ravager he promised to assassinate the Titans. Deathstroke warned his son that his powers were unstable and slowly killing him, but Ravager refused to listen. Ravager burned himself out fighting the Titans, dying in his fathers' arms, and Deathstroke swore revenge.
- Unique Physiology: Grant Wilson was enhanced by H.I.V.E. scientists, via the same procedure his father went through making him almost superhuman.
- Enhanced Mind: Grant Wilson like his father is able to utilize 9 times more than a human's full brain capacity for information processing and sorting, making his mind is virtually a computer built for strategy and problem-solving, one that works at optimal ability even when under stress and fatigue. Using his superior problem-solving skills, Grant Wilson can work out a battle ahead of time for many possibilities and predict enemy movements and tactics after the battle has engaged by recalling and utilizing memorized mannerisms acquired through past experience on a moment's notice. He is also ingenious in devising solutions against superior aspects of opponents, can observe and exploit, and can calculate distance, speed, and time at lightning speeds; his sense of timing is superb, bordering on perfection.
- Enhanced Reflexes: Grant Wilson possesses enhanced reflexes. The speed at which he reacts allows him to dodge fast-moving projectiles such as arrows and bullets. He can usually out-react even the fastest humans, no matter how well-trained.
- Enhanced Strength: His entire muscular system was hardened and strengthened, allowing Grant Wilson to be "as strong as 10 men".
- Enhanced Stamina: Grant Wilson can exert himself at peak capacity greater than any human could.
- Enhanced Speed: Ability to run at speeds of up to 30mph and long distances far out-performing any Olympic athlete.
- Enhanced Senses: Grant Wilson's senses have been augmented to higher levels of ability. He can hear, see, and smell things better than a normal human.
- Regenerative Healing: With an enhanced ability to heal damaged tissue, the rate at which Grant Wilson's body recovers from injury and capable of being repaired before death. As such, Grant Wilson's body can take a tremendous amount of punishment before succumbing to death. Simple gunshot and stab wounds, cuts, and broken bones can heal faster then normal. He was once impaled clean through his chest, and it did nothing but slow him down and cause great pain.
- Toxic Immunity: Grant Wilson's regenerative abilities have some affect on his body's ability to process through harmful, foreign substances and he has become naturally immune to deadly poisons and illnesses.
- Energy Depletion: Ravager's powers feed off his body's energy, and excessive use of them can prove fatal.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 27 Appearances of Grant Wilson (New Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Grant Wilson (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Grant Wilson (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Grant Wilson (New Earth)
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Teen Titans, the Titans, or any of the other various Titans incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Titans Villains" category.
This character is or was a member of H.I.V.E., a criminal organization that specializes in training assassins and mercenaries, in any of its various incarnations.
|Black Lantern Corps member|
This character is or was a member of the Black Lantern Corps. Those who have died may wield the Black Power Ring, symbolizing their lack of both life and emotion.
This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Black Lantern Corps members category."