"Empty Quest": Green Arrow is being held at gunpoint by a group of men and a woman at a camp in a jungle. Imprisoned in a hanging bamboo cage is a man who appears to be Oliver Queen, Connor Hawke's father. Green Arrow begins to fight hi
- He is a showman. A poser. He is not worthy of your admiration. Though he spent a period of time with us here he learned nothing.
Appearing in "Empty Quest"
Synopsis for "Empty Quest"
Green Arrow is being held at gunpoint by a group of men and a woman at a camp in a jungle. Imprisoned in a hanging bamboo cage is a man who appears to be Oliver Queen, Connor Hawke's father. Green Arrow begins to fight his way free and is knocked unconscious.
While unconscious, Green Arrow dreams of his past, when he was learning at the ashram and a monk caught him reading literature about his father, the greatest archer in the world, Oliver Queen.
The grandfather of the young girl Connor saved earlier goes to find Eddie Fyers and tells Eddie he will help him save Connor from the Generalissimo and his men.
Back at the Generalissimo's camp, Connor is in a hanging cage next to the cage containing the man who looks like Oliver Queen. Connor asks the man if he is Oliver Queen and the man, highly disoriented, tells him he knows the name.
Meanwhile, Eddie is rallying a ragtag team of villagers, mainly children and old men and women, to take on the Generalissimo and free Connor.
Back at the camp, the other prisoner finally regains enough of his senses to ask Connor who he is. Connor is outraged that his father does not recognize him and as one of the prisoners approaches, grabs his gun, causing it to go off and destroy part of the cage containing Connor, allowing him to jump free. Connor takes out two of the guards before reinforcements arrive and forcing him to stay put. One of the men says that for causing so much trouble, he is going to make Connor watch his father die. He then aims his handgun at the prisoner in the other cage and Fyers and his gang ride in on horses, brandishing burning opium torches. Chasing after the odor emanating from the opium torches are several velociraptors that make short work of the camp and its inhabitants. Connor thanks Eddie and goes to meet his dad, only to find out that the man is Travis Morgan aka Warlord.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Green Arrow Vol 2 119 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Green Arrow series
- Green Arrow Recommended Reading
- More Fun Comics (Volume 1): More Fun Comics #73–107
- Adventure Comics (Volume 1): Adventure Comics #246–269
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
- Action Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1): Detective Comics #521–567
- Green Lantern (Volume 2): Green Lantern (Volume 2) #76–124
- The Flash (Volume 1): The Flash #217–219
- Green Arrow (Volume 1)
- Green Arrow (Volume 2)
- Green Arrow (Volume 3)
- Green Arrow (Volume 4)
- Green Arrow (Volume 5)
- Green Arrow (Volume 6)
- Green Arrow and Black Canary (Volume 1)
- Green Arrow: The Wonder Year (Volume 1)
- Green Arrow: The Longbow Hunters (Volume 1)
- Green Arrow: Year One (Volume 1)
- Connor Hawke: Dragon's Blood (Volume 1)
- Black Canary (Volume 1)
- Black Canary (Volume 2)
- Black Canary (Volume 3)
- Warlord Recommended Reading