"Moving Target": After attending a production of Cats, Oliver Queen and Dinah Lance are surprised when Oliver narrowly missing being killed by a sniper's bullet. They quickly determine where the shooter had been hiding, and find she
- ...look great in the newspapers... beat up a man in front of the whole church... jerk -- stupid idiot!
- -- Green Arrow
Appearing in "Moving Target"
- Barbara Alexander
- David Markum
- Ellen Markum
- Holly Peters
- James Alexander (Only appearance; dies)
- Tinkerbell the Cat
Synopsis for "Moving Target"
After attending a production of Cats, Oliver Queen and Dinah Lance are surprised when Oliver narrowly missing being killed by a sniper's bullet. They quickly determine where the shooter had been hiding, and find shell casings and equipment that suggest the sniper is well connected. Oliver assumes that the shooter must be with the CIA.
As Green Arrow, Oliver corners Eddie Fyers in his home and accuses him of being the sniper. Fyers explains that he has no contract on Oliver's head, and that CIA operative Greg Osborne has been taken by the Yakuza, and is out of the picture. Fyers comments that he would have been more likely to hit the husband of Congresswoman Barbara Alexander, who was killed recently. Oliver returns home.
Oliver and Dinah rule out the Yakuza as a culprit, but conclude that it must be someone with a grudge. So, Oliver starts backtracking through all of the people he encountered while making deliveries for the Sherwood Florist earlier in the week.
He determines that the thugs he had beat up are not involved. He wrongly assumes that the woman whose cat he saved was trying to kill him because he had saved a cat she had kidnapped, which might hold the cure for cancer. He convinces her to turn herself in. He attacks the naval officer who he had stopped from committing spousal abuse, only to find a church group who can provide an alibi looking on.
As Oliver returns to his car, he finds a gun to the back of his head. He is forced to drive to the bridge where the congresswoman's husband's car crashed. He swerves the car, causing it to hit the car that had been tailing them. From that car, came the congresswoman herself. Oliver realizes that when he had helped to change the congresswoman's tire, he had unwittingly stumbled on her plot to dispose of her husband's body. The congresswoman thought that Oliver had recognized her at the time, and would catch on to the plan, so she had hired a man to kill him. Oliver notes that he is new to Seattle, and didn't know her from Adam until he saw her picture on the news.
The congresswoman pulls a gun, but as she aims, part of the bridge crumbles away, and she falls into the water below to her death. Oliver can say nothing but 'Oops.'
- This book was first published on November 22, 1988.
- This issue is reprinted in the Green Arrow: The Trial of Oliver Queen collection.
- For some reason, Eddie Fyers' last name is misspelled as 'Fires' several times in this issue.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Green Arrow Vol 2 14 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Green Arrow series
- Green Arrow Recommended Reading
- More Fun Comics (Volume 1): More Fun Comics #73–107
- Adventure Comics (Volume 1): Adventure Comics #246–269
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
- Action Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1): Detective Comics #521–567
- Green Lantern (Volume 2): Green Lantern (Volume 2) #76–124
- The Flash (Volume 1): The Flash #217–219
- Green Arrow (Volume 1)
- Green Arrow (Volume 2)
- Green Arrow (Volume 3)
- Green Arrow (Volume 4)
- Green Arrow (Volume 5)
- Green Arrow (Volume 6)
- Green Arrow and Black Canary (Volume 1)
- Green Arrow: The Wonder Year (Volume 1)
- Green Arrow: The Longbow Hunters (Volume 1)
- Green Arrow: Year One (Volume 1)
- Connor Hawke: Dragon's Blood (Volume 1)
- Black Canary (Volume 1)
- Black Canary (Volume 2)
- Black Canary (Volume 3)
Links and References
- Green Arrow at Wikipedia.org
- Green Arrow Toonopedia
- Green Arrow at TV Tropes
- Green Arrow at the DC Animated Universe Wiki