"Hunters Moon, Part 2": Green Arrow takes the police to Al Muncie's place after telling them about the thwarted attack on Dr. Annie Green. Muncie tells Green Arrow and the police that he didn't do it, a claim which is reinforced by the lack of evidence that they turn up in his house.
- I don't care who you are -- you keep messing in police business, and sooner or later you're going to cross the line. When that happens, I'll take you down. Hard.
Appearing in "Hunters Moon, Part 2"
- Al Muncie
Synopsis for "Hunters Moon, Part 2"
Green Arrow takes the police to Al Muncie's place after telling them about the thwarted attack on Dr. Annie Green. Muncie tells Green Arrow and the police that he didn't do it, a claim which is reinforced by the lack of evidence that they turn up in his house.
Green Arrow goes back to Ann's house and finds a footprint that is a size 12, which is larger than Muncie's 9 1/2. Likewise, the footprint was made by someone a full thirty pounds heavier. Meanwhile, Dr. Green shares her feelings with Dinah Lance on what it's like to be a victim of torture. Again, Dinah hints that Oliver had killed for her. Outside, Lt. Cameron warns that if Green Arrow is going to fire kill-shots, and interfere in police business, eventually he will cross a line.
Green Arrow goes back to Muncie's house with the police and finds that he is missing, and has left a note. Oliver explains that the weight of the intruder was heavier, because he had worn a chain-mail shirt - which helped deflect the arrow. Following a hunch, Oliver realizes that Muncie's father, a beer baron, had a secret store somewhere in the house. They find a trapdoor and a secret underground corridor leading to a distillery, where he opens a valve, releasing all the beer from the vats. He also finds evidence linking Muncie to the torture of Annie Green.
In the meantime, Muncie has kidnapped the daughter of the prosecuting attorney. Green Arrow arrives and puts an arrow through Muncie's hand, causing him to drop his gun. Annie Green appears, picking up Muncie's dropped gun, firing all of the bullets into the wall around him. Muncie kicks Annie in the face after realizing that she is out of bullets, and then runs to his car and begins to escape. Green Arrow hops onto the back of the car, but he is knocked off when Muncie hits a telephone pole with the back of the car.
Muncie retreats to his distillery, and Green Arrow tracks him there. Muncie locks himself into the lift and begins going down, claiming that he will never be caught. By this time, all the beer from the distillery has filled the room below and Muncie drowns in his own beer.
- Despite having spelled the name as "Muncy" in the previous issue, the character is uniformly referred to as "Muncie" in this issue.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Green Arrow Vol 2 2 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Green Arrow series
- Images from Green Arrow Vol 2 2
- Green Arrow Recommended Reading
- More Fun Comics (Volume 1): More Fun Comics #73–107
- Adventure Comics (Volume 1): Adventure Comics #246–269
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
- Action Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1): Detective Comics #521–567
- Green Lantern (Volume 2): Green Lantern (Volume 2) #76–124
- The Flash (Volume 1): The Flash #217–219
- Green Arrow (Volume 1)
- Green Arrow (Volume 2)
- Green Arrow (Volume 3)
- Green Arrow (Volume 4)
- Green Arrow (Volume 5)
- Green Arrow (Volume 6)
- Green Arrow and Black Canary (Volume 1)
- Green Arrow: The Wonder Year (Volume 1)
- Green Arrow: The Longbow Hunters (Volume 1)
- Green Arrow: Year One (Volume 1)
- Connor Hawke: Dragon's Blood (Volume 1)
- Black Canary (Volume 1)
- Black Canary (Volume 2)
- Black Canary (Volume 3)
Links and References
- Green Arrow at Wikipedia.org
- Green Arrow Toonopedia
- Green Arrow at TV Tropes
- Green Arrow at the DC Animated Universe Wiki